Want to avoid a laptop but wisdom says I need one. Help!

Caporegime
OK I've not owned a PC for years now and mainly used a MBP in that time which now needs replacing.

I done some research but what I want doesn't really seem out there and when it comes to PCs I would rather have built my own one as I used to and enjoyed that, but it just makes more sense to get a laptop for mobility/flexibility.

So any help would be gratefully received.

The thing I'd like is a 4:3 or at least 16:10 aspect ratio as that seems far more attuned for productivity (matte over glossy if possible). I won't be gaming on it so don't need a discrete gfx card as that will just suck up battery life. I realised that 13.3" is just too small for me so has to be minimum of 14" though 15.6" seems to be perfect. Honestly I think I want an ultrabook in a bigger size (bigger screen, bigger battery and better cooling) and with far more useful ports (2 TB3s and 2 USB 3.1s spare so like the power to be another TB3 or old style barrel)...

Spec wise it has to be 8th gen (is i7 gonna be much better than i5 when it comes to U CPUs?) , with removable RAM (love it to come with 1x 16GB) and if possible multiple M.2 slots that support PCIe NVMe 4x as I might try and run a hackintosh so physically separate boot drives is useful. Biggest battery possible!

Think that's the main points - I think the aspect ratio request massively reduces my options so perhaps ignore that. I think only the new LG Gram 17 fits all that criteria, but I was looking to spend around £1200.

I think I need help as I am really thinking my requirements mean a laptop isn't out there and considering how much I need to spend its hard not considering Intel NUCs or a custom desktop...

TIA

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom