Want to turn monitor portrait

Associate
Hi All,

So i recently got myself a 29inch ultra wide monitor, really enjoying it using having used 2x24 inch monitors.

I still feel i'd like a complimentary portaint monitor to the side for spotify, discord, emails etc.

My existing 24inch monitors dont have where on the back to mount them to a stand and they dont rotate so does anyone have any suggestions for diy or purpose built stands for this kind of thing.

Admittedly the 24inch seems too tall in portrait but i'll give it a go if i can find a way of standing it properly.

Soldato
There are non-vesa mounting kits, but i've not seen any designed specifically to support rotation(i'm not sure i'd trust the screen not to slide out), depending on the screen and how it connects to it's stand, you might be able to attempt something like this(at your own risk) to add vesa support to the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwsXK-vg1gc

EDIT: Some non-vesa kits will allow length ways installation, so if you wanted a screen installed portrait all the time, they'd probably work out just fine. Although a consideration to make is where the ports are located on your screen, the kit is no use if it blocks access to the ports.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom