• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Want to upgrade my sons 1050ti

Soldato
Cos my son is turning a teenager next week, im upgrading his old Z97 /4690k to a new Z270 mobo and i7 7700k.

Without going crazy, what do you guys recommend i get him for a gpu ? He loves to game ! but its still in just 1080p.

He doesn't need the best of the best, but i suspect the 1050ti is now the bottleneck in his system.

Associate
It would not be a bottle neck depending on what games he plays. The only upgrade worth it is a 1070 and above. Most folk will tell you to wait for the new graphics cards being announced soon as that might help prices of this generation.

Don
980/980Ti/RX480 would be a reasonable update if you could find them at a fair price (which is still unlikely due to mining).

Other than that I would agree waiting a bit longer for new cards to be released / mining to crash is probably the best option.

Associate
The GTX1060 6GB is massively faster than the GTX1050Ti, really there's no need to say a GTX1070 is the only worthwhile upgrade!

But honestly I would totally agree that you should keep the i5, overclock it, and spend the money instead on a GTX1070.

The i5 is still a good CPU. The GTX1050Ti 4GB on the other hand is a fairly low-end card.

Back
Top Bottom