Wanted: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 cd

Associate
Hi Guys,

I had purchaesed the overclocked Gigabyte GA-EX5-UD5 with i7 core 920. However they didn't provide me the cd. I contacted them and they told me that they don't have the cd.

Can someone please help me out and upload the cd. Please as I urgently require it.

Also I got the Nocthua cooler. I am correct by the two fans into fan1 and fan2 on the motherboard.

Thanks in advanced.

Bashy.

Soldato
I'm happy to put a copy of the iso on rapidshare if the mods approve it, though I only have a free account available.

You realise I hope that everything on the cd, including newer versions of the software, is available at their website?

The cd should be in the motherboard box, though it's not impossible for it to be missing. Even Gigabyte make mistakes sometimes. Regarding the noctua, most people connect one fan to the cpu header and one to a motherboard header, both to the cpu header, or run both at a constant voltage. If your fans are pwm (four pins) then this is the way to go. If not, I'm not going to advise using a simple Y splitter though a lot of people do

Welcome to the forums

Associate
OP
Cheers guys for reply I will download the cd content from gigabyte website. Both my fans are 3 pin. As this is my second build I am confused of where to connect the fans on the motherboard. Would be very grateful if you can tell the labelling names on the motherboard they should be connected too.

Once again thanks guys.

Bashy.

Soldato
Their website probably is the way to go. Spares me finding the cd too :)

One can go to the four pin cpu header, the other can do to any 3 pin header on the motherboard. Personally I would connect both to the power supply using 3 pin fan to molex adapters, but I'm pretty sure the above is the normal answer

Soldato
The 4 pin connectors are backwards compatible, so you can connect 3 pin fan connectors to them. Any header will do, they all provide power. I agree, the headers are not very well placed or labeled on the UD5.

As long as the fans are fairly standard and not high power draw models like Deltas, you'll be fine with the headers.

Soldato
Yes, generally it is easier to plug the CPU fan into the CPU fan header as it is nearest to the CPU socket. The others just do to the nearest one. As long as the fan spins thats all that matters.

Associate
The cd that comes with mobos always has good free software. Mine gigabyte one included both Kaspersky and Norton antivirus, and many other stuff but i dont remember

Back
Top Bottom