Wanting Broadband

Soldato
I'm hoping to get Broadband soon and I'm a little confudged with all the providers out there!...

According to the database thinngys I can get 2Mb ADSL (though wanadoo recon I'll only get 512k :rolleyes: )

anyhew... I've seen this Talk Talk thing!... where you sign up for their Talk package (9.99/month like Pree-pay on a mobile phone including minutes etc... Plus 11.99 Line rental which we already pay to BT) and you get 2Mb Broadband for free!!!..

Does this sound like a good deal???... is Talk Talk a good provider???... are there any other providers doing (or going to be doing) anything similar???...

Cheers.
Sim :)

Associate
I'd take whatever speed BT say you can have with a pinch of salt.
I used to live fairly central to my local exchanges and BT wholesale told me in person that i should be able to get 4mb but my ISP could only ever get me 1mb.

I've been loking into the talk talk deal myself (for my mother). The broandband market as a whole has taken a lot of noitce so it must be koesha (sp?). However i'd expect other suppliers to start drastically reducing their own prices very soon to try and compete.

Caporegime
Was just about to link to their forum. Hardly a tale of joy.

I used to live fairly central to my local exchanges and BT wholesale told me in person that i should be able to get 4mb but my ISP could only ever get me 1mb.

The wonders of pushing your line as hard as it'll go with a "suck it and see" attitude to stability vs making an educated guess based on planning records.

According to the database thinngys I can get 2Mb ADSL (though wanadoo recon I'll only get 512k )

Which?
Most "database thingys" should be working with the Max setup now, so unless you're a good distance from the exchange, you should be getting results >2Mbps.
Talktalk's up to 8Mbps as well, not 2Mbps.

Getting some idea what LLU providers are round might be worth a pop (Samknows is your friend), as might taking a look at ADSLguide.

40GB cap and by their current setup, most games and P2P probably won't work. As already mentioned, you're stuck for 18 months too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom