Wanting to cool GPU, advice needed.

Associate
So my Zotac AMP 1080 is consistently running at 70-80 c since going ultrawide as it is taking a right hammering and I refuse to turn down my settings.
I have started to look into water cooling and have found a product from alphacool called eiswolf 120GpX.

Has anyone used one of these? Seems pretty ideal for a man such as myself. It is effectively a block attached to an AIO pump and fan for a GPU.

I'm looking for simplicity at the moment so don't really want to go full water cooled solution.

Thanks

Man of Honour
It's just a AIO for gpu's with ugly quick release fittings half way along the tubing. The actual block only cools the core of the gpu with a huge heatsink taking care of everything else. You may still need to strap a fan to the heatsink to keep the vrm's etc cool. There's a review here. It certainly looks neater (apart from those QRV's) than NZXT's bodge job and Corsairs effort although it's more expensive.

Soldato
I've just put one on my TXP. It's very good, I got the disconnect kit with an eisberger CPU AIO too. Not a fan of the quality of the cables or disconnects but that's personal preference.

My GFX in a hot room idles at about 32C and doesn't go above 60C under load. Yours will be better than mine as mines doing CPU+GFX but I'm adding another rad.

Associate
OP
It's just a AIO for gpu's with ugly quick release fittings half way along the tubing. The actual block only cools the core of the gpu with a huge heatsink taking care of everything else. You may still need to strap a fan to the heatsink to keep the vrm's etc cool. There's a review here. It certainly looks neater (apart from those QRV's) than NZXT's bodge job and Corsairs effort although it's more expensive.
I've just put one on my TXP. It's very good, I got the disconnect kit with an eisberger CPU AIO too. Not a fan of the quality of the cables or disconnects but that's personal preference.

My GFX in a hot room idles at about 32C and doesn't go above 60C under load. Yours will be better than mine as mines doing CPU+GFX but I'm adding another rad.

Thanks guys for the help and link to the review.
Actually I think the review put me off slightly, those quick connectors look horrible!

Honeybadger, one thing I had worried about is the fit to my card as most seem to be aimed at founders editions.
It's really something I need to invest in though and I'm looking forward to getting more info regarding the kit and my card specifically. I've just emailed a request for info so should be in a better light during the week.
One thing for sure is I certainly can't keep pushing 80+ degrees!

Back
Top Bottom