Wanting to setup RAID 0 with clean install of Windows 8

Don
Hi guys,

I have two OCZ Vertex2 SSD's I'd like in RAID.

I have set them to this in the BIOS and I am then going to install Windows 8. When I'm asked where I want to install Windows 8 I have the option of either drive, is this where I should 'Load Driver' and install the specific RAID array software?

If so what software do I need? My mobo is this: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A99X_EVO/#support_Download_36

Many thanks

Caporegime
I think you need to press ctrl and I to access the raid array console,then setup the raid

the two drives should be seen as one drive when you come to install windows on it,as for pre install drivers there's no need with win7/8 its all done for you,only with xp you have to do that

RJC

RJC

Don
Last time I did RAID I was on a Intel build, Once I enabled the RAID option in the BIOS and rebooted a new setup screen flashed up just after the first boot and I needed to Press Control I which then brought up a new menu which allowed me to choose the drives to RAID and what type of RAID being used.

Then I could install Windows with the extra driver via a floppy at the time, not sure on current tech as Windows might be able to install the drivers.

Caporegime
no its just set to raid then at the raid info screen just before it boots press ctrl and I and you can access the raid console,then you pick the drives and stripe size for the array,then once done you can install windows onto the drives

EDIT: actually its ctrl and m if amd/marvell ports to access the raid console

Last edited:
Don
OP
Yeah it was CTRL+F, I'm in the setup now, I have the option to secure erase which I did want to do on both drives.

Nothing is standing out how to RAID them mind at the mo or maybe it will do it automatically?

Back
Top Bottom