War of the Worlds

Soldato
that sphere looked awfully small to be containing a tripod of that size, will be interesting to see the full context.

Yes this is very peculiar and incredibly sloppy of the BBC if they have got the scales wrong.

Love the story in all it's incarnations and will be watching this one to compare.

Caporegime
OP
Wild woods? :D

Seriously though, I'll definitely be checking this out. Loved the original and quite liked the Cruise one as well.

Cruise one would have been better without that girl chirping in constantly, surprised no one ever made an edit of the movie cutting her out as much as possible.

Soldato
Cruise one would have been better without that girl chirping in constantly, surprised no one ever made an edit of the movie cutting her out as much as possible.

It would have been even better without the nonsense plot re-write of them coming down in lightning into ships that were already here buried in the ground. So they've been here before but don't know about bacteria......... right......

Associate
Me too, and I agree it was very good

Well there's a Christmas present to me sorted right there!

I've been borderline obsessive of the Jeff Wayne version of this most of my life after my Mother's partner introduced me the vinyl of this when I was 8. The imagery on the sleeve art was stunning any my little mind ran riot.
It blew my mind when I found out that where my aunt lived miles away in Surrey was right by Horsell Common (where the martians landed) and we used to bomb around on my bmx playing run away from the alien :D

Needless to say I am looking forward to this....

Man of Honour
Well there's a Christmas present to me sorted right there!

I've been borderline obsessive of the Jeff Wayne version of this most of my life after my Mother's partner introduced me the vinyl of this when I was 8. The imagery on the sleeve art was stunning any my little mind ran riot.
It blew my mind when I found out that where my aunt lived miles away in Surrey was right by Horsell Common (where the martians landed) and we used to bomb around on my bmx playing run away from the alien :D

Needless to say I am looking forward to this....
Like you I was obsessed with Jeff Wayne's version when younger. I used to play it over and over. Last year my mum made a lovely present for me. She had the original record and sleeve mounted in a picture frame, folded out to see the tremendous artwork. When my office is finished it will be hung on the wall behind me. She did it in such a way that I can remove it if I ever need to.

Back
Top Bottom