War Thunder - Free PS4 WW2 Fighter Jet Game - Tips, Tricks, etc

Soldato
many tips in this thread:

russian planes are OP so best to use them as a second faction in combo with the brits.

use eagles on advanced training of crews only anything else would be a waste.

use specific crews for specific types of planes, e.g. 2 bomber crews on which you upgrade the gunners, etc whereas on the other crews you upgrade the pilot, etc.

best to try and get the most out of your game time than chase targets for hours, e.g. your in a game for a certain amount of time, best to go for easy targets and kill them quick and move on rather than climb up and chase a bomber for 10+ minutes. in the 15 minutes it took you to take out that one bomber I could have taken out 10+ easier targets meaning I get a much higher score/RP, etc.

most of it is using your initiative and skill tbh, never take on a powerful plane head on, pre fire at weak/same level head on opponents aiming slightly above them to account for bullet drop. best to avoid head on confrontations though, if someone is coming head on to you try and veer off to the side and turn onto their back if you can.

the best bullets are stealth or the most expensive ones usually whichever they may be.

tracers just give your position away.

I usually just head for the nearest red dot whether it be plane or truck.

How do you use the Russians as another faction? I'll switch to stealth bullets once I'm used to shotting patterns.

Caporegime
OP
I usually just head for the nearest red dot whether it be plane or truck.

How do you use the Russians as another faction? I'll switch to stealth bullets once I'm used to shotting patterns.

best to avoid ground targets unless your a bomber

fighter jets can only kill artillery, AA, patrol boats and armored cars, iirc, everything else requires a bomb usually so you won't damage it.

take out AA if you can to help your team mates other than that don't actively try and help the team but stick to getting the highest score possible tbh, it's a grinding game so your score counts a lot more to you than helping team mates will but winning the game also counts a lot more to your score so you do need to go for objectives ideally and win.

it's worth spending some cash £10 on some eagles and maxing out the gunners on your bombers, they will live longer, kill more targets and therefore your RP will be a lot higher.

i think you don't need any more than 4 advanced gunners so don't to what i did and buy 5/6 for one crew you only start with 1 per crew so you need to buy an additional 3 for bomber crews, all other crews you won't need to buy any as they don't need more than 1 advanced gunner.

there is a list in OP, please add those players and then you can play with them at some point.

Soldato
Eh up gents, PC war thunder player here!

Any time you guys fancy a friendly sqn battle give us a shout and we'll sort something oout, we can match any tier, 4v4 8v8 whatever you fancy!

Caporegime
OP
Eh up gents, PC war thunder player here!

Any time you guys fancy a friendly sqn battle give us a shout and we'll sort something oout, we can match any tier, 4v4 8v8 whatever you fancy!

Every time I go on I struggle to find another OCUK console player online, therefore finding 4 or 8 would be impossible

Caporegime
I am seeing a lot of user comments on Metacritic saying that this game is getting increasingly worse with each patch and people recommending against getting into it... are they just numpties who don't know what they're talking about? Is it still worth getting into?

Going to buy a PS4 this week and will be hitting the F2P games first. :)

Caporegime
OP
I am seeing a lot of user comments on Metacritic saying that this game is getting increasingly worse with each patch and people recommending against getting into it... are they just numpties who don't know what they're talking about? Is it still worth getting into?

Going to buy a PS4 this week and will be hitting the F2P games first. :)

they have made it harder to unlock planes but easier to unlock upgrades to unlocked planes.

it's got better with every update IMO, but i've sort of lost interest in the game, i was addicted for the first few months. i play it every now and then. i would probably play more if we had a regular group on here.

Caporegime
I downloaded and had a play tonight... I really liked it from what I saw (all tutorials and a few random MP games), even if I did epically suck!

Richdog_OCUK is my username... add me please and lets set up some games or something. :)

Caporegime
OP
I downloaded and had a play tonight... I really liked it from what I saw (all tutorials and a few random MP games), even if I did epically suck!

Richdog_OCUK is my username... add me please and lets set up some games or something. :)

here is the issue i believe from the last time i teamed up it puts you both in the higher tier, so either i need to use my crappy planes and play with you in a lower tier or you need to play in my tier and get owned.

i honestly don't get a chance to play much but i'll add you next time i'm on, there is a list in the OP for people to add

Caporegime
To be honest I don't really have a clue what I'm doing with all the research stuff, or which planes I should be researching... just playing and hoping. :D

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Been playing this for a few weeks, quite like the tanks and of course the planes are fun, has some great graphics as well.

Soldato
I've left the PS4 squadron by the way (passed full control to Psycho Sonny) to join the PC squadron as they are pretty active.

Recommend anybody playing on PS4 joins the OcUK PC squadron if they want to team up :) People on most nights.

Caporegime
OP
I'm very much inactive tbh, not played it in months. Probably due to nobody else joining in.

I would love to play on PC but my new pc has a lot of issues. First PC I have built which has ever done this. Output to the screen randomly cuts off and never comes back on. Cannot even restart the PC need to power off then power on.

I also have freezing issues with CS which never happened on any older pc.

I also need to take it apart one day and replace 2 sata cables as they have degraded over time.

Soldato
I'm very much inactive tbh, not played it in months. Probably due to nobody else joining in.

I would love to play on PC but my new pc has a lot of issues. First PC I have built which has ever done this. Output to the screen randomly cuts off and never comes back on. Cannot even restart the PC need to power off then power on.

I also have freezing issues with CS which never happened on any older pc.

I also need to take it apart one day and replace 2 sata cables as they have degraded over time.

I'm playing with the PC crew on my PS4 sonny. Works fine now that cross-play is fully integrated, voice chat works fine too. It's definitely much better when you're playing in a squad and there's 3-4 PC folk on every night.

Back
Top Bottom