Warcraft PC

Associate
Hello,

After a good 8 years of trying to keep my trusty pc going for playing wow, it's finally dying a slow death and does not fulfil the experience of the game at all.

I was hoping someone could help guide me with a system setup for around £600 which can possibly be raised dependant on wether it is neccassary, no peripherals needed.

I'd prefer to get a constant 60fps with Ultra settings if possible. It will only be used for Wow with BFA due to release soon.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Associate
OP
Ahh okay.

I can but they ain't worth using imo, except for the 120gb SSD dedicated to the game.

AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.7ghz O.C.
Asus M3N-H/HDMI
8Gb DDR2800 PC2-6400
Geforce GTX 950

Like I said, this thing is old and about time I bought a new system as I have literally sucked the life out of this machine :D

Associate
WoW is more CPU dependent than GPU, so anything above an Nvdia 1050ti will be more than adequate, even at 1440p or even 4k resolutions from the GPU side of things. the BFA dx12 upgrades do throw a bit oof a spanner in the workls though as it's not very well optimised yet and causing some pretty big issues performance wise, so until the 11xx series cards come out you should probably stick to dx11 as your budget won't stretch to a 1080 or 1080ti.

Better to focus your money into as strong a cpu as possible right now atleast, as WoW is still pretty much a single core game for the most part, so generally Intel over AMD works better.

Associate
OP
Yeah as is the case, and I will only be using 1080p, my thinking is to go for the Overclockers built pc £599 :

TITAN TANTO MICRO ATX GAMING PC - AMD RYZEN 1400 SYSTEM @ 3.60GHZ

but to change the R5 1400 to R5 2600x , and a 1060 3gb card and to change the HDD to the 250gb Samsung SSD. This does bump the price to £750.

Associate
OP
Ahh right, it's been a while since kept up with the latest components etc. But thanks for the heads up.

The more I look around the more I'm drawn to build my own again, especially with the rgb options out there and my existing Razer chroma peripherals.

Associate
OP
Yup, especially as these boards are aura sync.

I think I'm somewhat set on a build :

R5 2600x - £200
1060 6gb - £250
B450 Asus Rig Strix (when it comes out) £150 roughly at a guess
Case - £120
RGB Ram Gskill Trident 16gb - £200
psu/case fans - £150

But then it's more towards a grand+ to put it together, when all I really want is Wow on max at 60fps with some rgb for visual aesthetics.

So really I need to trim that down price wise where I can but also so I can upgrade it further down the line.

Soldato
Strix shouldnt be that much , think Aorus Pro is £105 odd with wifi. B450 are lessor models then X470 counter part so cost should be bought down , £115 max as you can pick up x470 for £20 more .

Intel version

CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £821.53 (includes shipping: £12.60)

GTX 1060 3GB verison to bring to under £800... job done​

Associate
OP
Nice, Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Sure the processor is up to it at only 2.8ghz? I've never been an Intel guy really so not sure on their processors really.

Associate

Sure the processor is up to it at only 2.8ghz? I've never been an Intel guy really so not sure on their processors really.
clock speeds between Intel and AMD don't have exact comparisons, but yes an 8th gen i5 is more than good enough to run wow at maxed settings and an 8400 will turbo up to 4ghz as well.

As a general rule Intel are stronger gaming processors than AMD, they have fewer cores usually but faster core performance.

Soldato

Boosts up to 3.8ghz all cores .

Ryzen 2600x+ B450 would roughly set you back the same, tad more for the ram

For warcraft get the processor as high as possible, it's single threaded and relies utterly on the CPU clock speeds.

New expansion is now DX12 and DX9 has been remiss bed with i7 now being recommended .
Not expecting it to be like Lost Planet 2 but should be inprovemeni for multi thread CPUs

Back
Top Bottom