Warhammer 40k: Dark Crusade

Associate
Anyone else anticipating this game apart from me.

Looking forward to splattering some necrons all over the place with my Soul Sikher space marines :p

Not too sold on the other new race being added - the Tau.

Permabanned
CLAWSS said:
Anyone else anticipating this game apart from me.

Looking forward to splattering some necrons all over the place with my Soul Sikher space marines :p

Not too sold on the other new race being added - the Tau.

The Tau should have been there since the beginning in my opinion. They were the only reason I wanted to play Dawn of War and they're finally coming in an expansion pack

Associate
Looks very good. Hopefully they will fix some little niggles there still are: Such as balancing the teams a bit more, and the vast differences between difficulty of AI players (maybe more than 4 settings or something).

Just had a look at the trailer and it looks so sweet!

I saw the necrons in development ages ago and I’m sure it was non-official as a mod :confused:

Would love to see them get as many as possible of the races into the game. Bring on tyranid and grey knights!

Another thing that i personally would find very interesting would be a sort of co-operative mode over network or internet as that would be very sweet.

Love the original and the current expansion, hope that this builds successfully on them!

Any idea on new troups for the current races?

Associate
Im guessing that this will probably be the last expansion pack, otherwise its just going to become like the Sims or BF2 with what seems a never ending tide of useless carp.

They said they couldnt really do the nids in the current engine as it wouldnt do them justice and I am inclined to believe that, who knows the next announcement might be DoW 2 with nids. Personally though I dont see much of a path for them to expand down, they could start (and probably should have in the first place) doing all the specifics of the chapters for marines and gods for chaos to give things a little more variety or add the dark eldar, but there isnt really much else I feel they can do with the current game to be honest.

Associate
Lagmeister said:
Im guessing that this will probably be the last expansion pack, otherwise its just going to become like the Sims or BF2 with what seems a never ending tide of useless carp.

They said they couldnt really do the nids in the current engine as it wouldnt do them justice and I am inclined to believe that, who knows the next announcement might be DoW 2 with nids. Personally though I dont see much of a path for them to expand down, they could start (and probably should have in the first place) doing all the specifics of the chapters for marines and gods for chaos to give things a little more variety or add the dark eldar, but there isnt really much else I feel they can do with the current game to be honest.

yeah i believe rather than having any more add-on they should have make DOW 2 impvoing on the graphic and game play by adding different stats / upgrades / special troops or vechiles for different chapters

Associate
I think they could do a lot with Dawn Of War. Look at all those races and machines they haven't included yet. Personally looking forward to the next game as I really liked Dawn of War and Winter Assault.

Soldato
Im looking forward to this.
Stopped playing DOW & WA due to online play becoming too elitist.
Plus everyone wanted to play that one damned map, cant remember the name.

Associate
Kasyr lutien. The most booooooring map in the whole game :rolleyes:

Looking forward to fighting against the likes of the Necrons who are supposed to be pretty solid once you figure out the playing style for them.

Hope they put more sync-kills in the game too. Would love to see how the Space Marine Commander beats down an Eldar Avatar.

Any of you seen how he lays the smackdown on the bloodthirster? Pure class :D

Associate
Im sorta looking forward to this.

What I'd love is Dawn of War style game with the original Warhammer races. Elves, dwarves and stuff. Be awesome methinks.

Associate
I'm always thinking about getting a Warhammer game - can anyone tell me how similar they are to the actual tabletop games with models, I used to enjoy that - for instance do you have a 2000 point limit or something then get pretty much free range to choose your army, or do you build it ala C&C?

Man of Honour
The style and storyline are taken from the GW tabletop games, but in essence they are just another (very good) RTS game.

If you want something a bit more tactical and more faithful to the boardgames then there have probably been earlier Warhammer releases which fit the bill

Associate
Strings said:
Im sorta looking forward to this.

What I'd love is Dawn of War style game with the original Warhammer races. Elves, dwarves and stuff. Be awesome methinks.

Look at Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

Lee456 said:
I'm always thinking about getting a Warhammer game - can anyone tell me how similar they are to the actual tabletop games with models, I used to enjoy that - for instance do you have a 2000 point limit or something then get pretty much free range to choose your army, or do you build it ala C&C?

Its more C&C style, but you have one resource you can make (power) and requesistion points which you get by capturing and holding control points around the map, you also get relics for uber-unit production and crtitical locations for game winning fun.

Associate
OP
Hoping to spend a decent amount of time trying to figure out the Necrons. Currently I only like playing space marines and imperial guard.

I would like to setup a weekend fight club once DC is released, if some of you guys are interested.

Back
Top Bottom