Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Caporegime
This is supposed to be even greater than DAoC pvp, yet I'm not so sure since GamesWorkshop effectively pulled out and EA took over Mythic.. I expect we'll see the first expansion within 3 months, closely follwed by 23542537 more.

Associate
Dj_Jestar said:
This is supposed to be even greater than DAoC pvp, yet I'm not so sure since GamesWorkshop effectively pulled out and EA took over Mythic.. I expect we'll see the first expansion within 3 months, closely follwed by 23542537 more.

source for that ? cause when i go to the official website there is still mention of GameWorkshop and there is still the Mythic icons so i doubt that if EA would have taken over they would still be there...

Soldato
Leodido said:
source for that ? cause when i go to the official website there is still mention of GameWorkshop and there is still the Mythic icons so i doubt that if EA would have taken over they would still be there...

EA bought Mythic a few months back, was all over the games news.

Soldato
I've moved from wow to Vanguard and it's a breath of fresh air both in its playerbase and gaming.

Warhammer does interest me though.

Worth a look in open beta me thinks.

Arrgh just read sliipery's EA comment.

/game now moved to the no touch list.

still haven't forgiven them for MOH:Spearhead.

Caporegime
Leodido said:
Watch the trailer. There is a big fat EA logo that you just can't miss. Also in the copyright's EA is mentioned.

Associate
EA own the makers of the Mythic but they are still working on an online version of a game by gamesworkshop. So although EA have the right to make the game, everything still is checked over by gamesworkshop, to see that it is an accurate version of their world.

Well whatever, hopefully will be a cracking RvR game with a lot of open fighting in it and not just confined to small arenas

Associate
I'm an enormous geek, and so I'm inevitably going to play Warhammer Online. I've resisted MMORGS for years, knowing how addicted I'd get, but I knew there was no point resisting once this one came along (so I started playign Eve :rolleyes: )

Soldato
jas72 said:
I've moved from wow to Vanguard and it's a breath of fresh air both in its playerbase and gaming.

Warhammer does interest me though.

Worth a look in open beta me thinks.

Arrgh just read sliipery's EA comment.

/game now moved to the no touch list.

still haven't forgiven them for MOH:Spearhead.

I'm torn on this one - Despite being EA owned, Mythic are also responsible for the best large scale mmo battles I've ever seen outside of planetside. The battlegrounds and frontiers in dark age of camelot were amazing, and they've had years of refining the mechanics of it in that game.

The classes in daoc were also very interesting and varied - you didn't have to stick to a set template, the way you could allocate points to different disciplines meant you could have a very unusual but still effective character.

Think I'll at least give it the benefit of the doubt :)

Soldato
Very nice vid, think the DOW one is better but it looks smart.

I'm taking a MMO break for now but this will get me back into them, as long as it doesn't steal all the WOW kids and has a grown up community.

Hopefully the kids will all have the "warhammer? what a rip of of warcraft! n00b!" opinion and wont touch it.

Still wish it was a 40k game.... :(

Back
Top Bottom