• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

(!Warning! Fudzilla!) Eeeek 2900XT may need a 750W+ PSU

Soldato
drunkenmaster said:
why is 96C wayyy to hot exactly? based on the scale of temperatures we like to be in sure, 96C is crazy, 51C is crazy to us too. but we're not electrical components design to operate at the temps that they operate at. you can produce a card that is designed to run at 10C and only have components on it that are rated to 25C, as long as it runs under 25C its fine. you can also have a card that routinely hits 120C and has capacitors and other things that are all higher quality and rated at 150C. 96C is hot to us, its not hot to something that is rated to 125C.

it really really doesn't matter what temp it runs at, ok it will affect overclocking but if it runs stable at stock thats 99.9999999% of sales that will not be affected.

OK perhaps a little overboard, but it is certainly boarderline. 96C by anyones standard is very warm for electronics to be operating consistently under, never minding the peripheral case warming coming off the bottom of the PCB. I would be inclined to check the HS and vents for dust build up - but that is only my opinion, I fully agree with "if it ain't broke...!.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
HI there

A closed case has little effect on the cards temperature due to the heatsinks design on the card which effectively exhaust heat out of the case. So the temperatures do not rise by much, in my testing temps remained under 80c which is nowhere near reported 100c.

The difference between 80c and 100c is huge.

So basically we're looking at similar temps to the GTS/GTX.

Back
Top Bottom