Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
Very much enjoyed it. Great end to everything.

Banner was this hulk / banner hybrid all the way through, did they actually use his 'hulk' element apart from the manufactured bit of him holding up the building after the attack?

I thought they got the Captain Marvel movie in there as she was needed to defeat Thanos... but I guess not.

Soldato
So seen the film twice now, 2nd time around obviously I knew what was going to happen, felt like Captain Marvel was very much lacking, I wonder if they cut a lot of her stuff out in the wake of the negative press from her film, I'll be interested to see where they go with the next set of films for phase 4, I know spider man is out this June and its set after the events of Infinity War so it could be what starts the next phase.

Also I guess with Thanos from 2014 dead, does that mean Loki is now alive again so he could indeed be resurrected :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Alright watched it a second time and kind of enjoyed it a little more than the first time (weird). Anyhow i have a couple of questions.

Is Gomora still alive at the end after Tony's snap? Well i know she is, she just went her own way as she doesn't know the Guardians. But i guess the question is why didn't she get dusted by Tony's snap as i assume Tony wished for all Thanos's people who time travelled to get dusted

How did Thanos's entire army get through portal when they made it clear they only had enough of the pim particles or whatever it was called for each person to use twice. 2014 Nebula stole good Nebula's particle but was only one vial

Cap going back in time and staying there. I assume he just lived his life in that time to the current timeline where he passed over the shield (so same timeline). So did he witness the battle with Thanos that happened in the film just 20mins ago? does that mean there were 2 cap's (one old) or even weirder 3 as one was frozen? But how could he witness the battle with himself in it when he is that cap or does that battle never even happen? He cant have fought it himself as he would be old by then. If it created another timeline how did he end up in their's by just waiting it out as he didnt use the portal to go back. If he did use the portal would make more sense as he would have just lived in another time line and then warped back to theirs

Also with cap, his bird forgot her name in the old films had moved on and had kids and grand kids with someone else.She had her own life, so why would cap go back and deprive her of that? But since he doesn't mention who he married when asked at the end he could have married some else but they kind of allude with the ending with him dancing with the bird he was with her.

Associate
@Craterloads

Peggy Carter. No, she never got married. Never had kids. She had family though, just not any of her own direct blood descendant. Until maybe in that timeline Cap spent with her...

Caporegime
Trip #2 to watch this with the wife at Odeon Leicester square was a bit of a disaster, as the power went out 5 minutes before the end!

I did however get my £81.50 back for the lux recliner seats.

Soldato
Went this morning to Cheshire Oaks Ellesmere Port for a 10am showing with the family and enjoyed it. Place absolutely heaving and getting out of the car park was crazy - traffic jammed up solid with people arriving for afternoon showings. Cars parked up on pavements and all sorts. Only ever seen it that bad at Christmas.

Soldato
Trip #2 to watch this with the wife at Odeon Leicester square was a bit of a disaster, as the power went out 5 minutes before the end!

I did however get my £81.50 back for the lux recliner seats.

I was there too! How did you go about getting the refund? When they said there was a fire drill I just got frustrated and left

Soldato
Caporegime
I was there too! How did you go about getting the refund? When they said there was a fire drill I just got frustrated and left

They let everyone back in for the last 5-10 minutes after a 10 minute wait. We opted for a refund, and I'd seen it anyway so wasn't as frustrated as some people and thought I'd rather have the money back and watch it locally.

Soldato
They let everyone back in for the last 5-10 minutes after a 10 minute wait. We opted for a refund, and I'd seen it anyway so wasn't as frustrated as some people and thought I'd rather have the money back and watch it locally.

I will get in touch with them and see what they say, did you buy tickets on the day or in advance?

So what did you guys make of the Dolby Cinema? I'm playing it safe and going to the Laser IMAX across the way on Monday. :p

The audio was amazing, screen was not too bad either, but I still prefer the BFI IMAX.

Permabanned
quote:

"The franchise pulled off a win/win, operating as a cinematic universe while also releasing crowd-pleasing films that more-or-less stood on either own even within a given franchise or the overall mythology. You didn’t need to see Iron Man 3 to enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy and you didn’t need to see Doctor Strange to enjoy Black Panther. But this weekend, everyone is seeing Avengers: Endgame."

Back
Top Bottom