Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Permabanned
250px-A-Force.jpg

Caporegime
I think people mis-judge just how powerful Scarlett-Witch was in the comics. She was weak in the movies if anything. None of this Metoo# rubbish. I did find it a bit strange about the power of everyone though. Thor was immensely week considering his past self. Is this just played out due to fact he is a fat drunk now and was out of shape?

Soldato
I think people take issue with it feeling forced into the flow rather than being part of the flow

Nobody is complaining about Scarlett Witch being a badass and pretty much single handedly kicking Thanos' ass and forcing him to use his Spaceship to fire everything on everyone just to stop her ripping him apart with her magic after Thanos whooped Iron Mans, Thors and Captain Thormerica's ass
it's the not the message of women being badass that's a bad thing but the way that message is put in the story, this is from someone who was disappointed that Movie Scarlett Witch was significantly way way less powerful than Comic Scarlett Witch :)

All of the above. That was epic it had substance and didn't feel shoehorned in.

Soldato
Ooh my woman comment sparked people there's a shock in todays day :p I'll spoiler the rest as I will mention specifics

Cap Marvel destroying the ship and bearing down Thanos, especially just laughing off his headbutt, was amazing. Scarlett almost picking Thanos apart was cool as she is really underpowered in the film's. Seeing Pepper fight in the suit was top notch etc etc. The whole final battle scene with all characters was amazing, only thing I think they missed a trick with was getting a helicarrier in their with Nick front and centre.

But the women grouping up was just odd, they had been all over the battlefield and just came together to pose then split up again. It was so cack handed and forced when there was no need for it when they were awesome anyway.

When Spiderman hit the deck and Cap Marvel first showed up I thought, amazing! She will use the gauntlet and beat his ass down, they then posed, and off she went.

Just felt awkward is all and no need.

Anyhoo that was just an observation as sadly the film didn't do it for me. Be interesting if they start a new Avengers with a new Arc or just stay away and focus on new IP like X-Men and FF now they have it.

Soldato
Ooh my woman comment sparked people there's a shock in todays day :p

Don't worry, it wasn't you. It came up a few pages earlier.

It's a 3 hour movie, if a single scene of 10 second is the biggest thing that get on your nerves then the movie has done something right.

Yes, it is a great movie. it is a shame they forced those 10 seconds in there unnecessarily, but they did.

I have no issue with that same as I have no issues with seeing a mixed race couple on screen or a gay couple on screen. It's just a scene.

What? So if the movie literally randomly showed a couple of blokes kissing on the battle field, we should just go 'oh that's nice look, the movie supports gay couples'. Rather than 'wtf was that in there for?'. It doesn't mean I have an issue with a gay couple in a movie, it means 'wtf was that in there for?' Why do people have to try and read things into something?

Soldato
What? So if the movie literally randomly showed a couple of blokes kissing on the battle field, we should just go 'oh that's nice look, the movie supports gay couples'. Rather than 'wtf was that in there for?'. It doesn't mean I have an issue with a gay couple in a movie, it means 'wtf was that in there for?' Why do people have to try and read things into something?

Because it's the internet and reason and nuance abandoned the place a long time ago. You object to a poorly placed scene in a film, which it was, and you are not a critic you are a sexist, racist, homophobe. Go figure.

Caporegime
Don't worry, it wasn't you. It came up a few pages earlier.

Yes, it is a great movie. it is a shame they forced those 10 seconds in there unnecessarily, but they did.

It was people fighting in the middle of a fight, not a love scene, why are you purposely reading it into something else?

Soldato
It was people fighting in the middle of a fight, not a love scene, why are you purposely reading it into something else?

But that's it. They weren't. They all stopped fighting to literally go a pose together. That's not reading something in to it. That's what they did. Maybe you didn't see this bit we're actually talking about?

Caporegime
You're the one who brought up gay and mixed race couples :rolleyes:

You took the conversation to a stupid place and are now surprised it's there? :confused:

But that's it. They weren't. They all stopped fighting to literally go a pose together. That's not reading something in to it. That's what they did. Maybe you didn't see this bit we're actually talking about?

The bit where Spiderman on his bum and they helped him out?

She isn't alone. moment?

Marvel movies are FULL of last minute saving moments, moments of convenience, this is no exception. As for posing, it's a superhero movie, they practically pose in every scene, that's part of the charm.

I get the feeling that you both just hated the film.

Soldato
As for posing, it's a superhero movie, they practically pose in every scene, that's part of the charm.

Not that often... in the middle of fighting. And don't forget, its not just posing, it's all stopping fighting, getting together to pose in an incredibly cheesy manner.

You see. Reading things into something, despite literally having said the opposite. Way to go.

Caporegime
Not that often... in the middle of fighting. And don't forget, its not just posing, it's all stopping fighting, getting together to pose in an incredibly cheesy manner.

You see. Reading things into something, despite literally having said the opposite. Way to go.

Saying something and DOING something completely opposite doesn't really give the impression that you like the film.

It's like me moaning there is no end credits scene over and over and over and over and over.

Soldato
The bit where Spiderman on his bum and they helped him out?

She isn't alone. moment?

Marvel movies are FULL of last minute saving moments, moments of convenience, this is no exception. As for posing, it's a superhero movie, they practically pose in every scene, that's part of the charm.

I know she isn't on her own, that's while point of the discussion? Are you deliberately misunderstanding?

No one is disagreeing or has a problem with the last minute saving, you warped this conversation into something weird and at each point run off on a separate tangent.

- someone says they dislike the overall staged pose scene (with no other complaints about any of the female cast, just one awkward scene)
- you start weirdly talking about mixed race and gay couples.
- people point out that has nothing to with anything.
- you start talking about people getting saved at the last minute, which no one has mentioned before.

Really not sure what you are about here?

Oh the old, you hated the film remark :rolleyes:

I need to take my own advice and give up on the internet, OcUK is as bad as everywhere else now. Agree or I will just shut you down hater comments :rolleyes:

I wasn't even making a particularly big deal about the scene, just saying it felt forced. I was quite open on my feelings on the film as a whole that, apart from the brilliant humour, the good last battle and a few characters it generally fell quite flat for me which left me enormously disappointed.

It could have been half as long and been better for it but as I say I've slowly been losing the will with superhero movies for the while so the more sentimental nods that fully bought in fans would appreciate didn't really land home for me.

Anyway I'll leave it, as usual a forum is no place for sensible discussion :p

Caporegime
I know she isn't on her own, that's while point of the discussion? Are you deliberately misunderstanding?

No one is disagreeing or has a problem with the last minute saving, you warped this conversation into something weird and at each point run off on a separate tangent.

- someone says they dislike the overall staged pose scene (with no other complaints about any of the female cast, just one awkward scene)
- you start weirdly talking about mixed race and gay couples.
- people point out that has nothing to with anything.
- you start talking about people getting saved at the last minute, which no one has mentioned before.

Really not sure what you are about here?

Oh the old, you hated the film remark :rolleyes:

I need to take my own advice and give up on the internet, OcUK is as bad as everywhere else now. Agree or I will just shut you down hater comments :rolleyes:

I wasn't even making a particularly big deal about the scene, just saying it felt forced. I was quite open on my feelings on the film as a whole that, apart from the brilliant humour, the good last battle and a few characters it generally fell quite flat for me which left me enormously disappointed.

It could have been half as long and been better for it but as I say I've slowly been losing the will with superhero movies for the while so the more sentimental nods that fully bought in fans would appreciate didn't really land home for me.

Anyway I'll leave it, as usual a forum is no place for sensible discussion :p

My point is you lot are making a mountain out of a molehill, as evident in all that text.

Caporegime
Don't make me wield the gauntlet, guys.
Lol, nice!

For the record, I too found the female pose scene clunky (would have been better to just have each obstacle CM encountered to be assisted by one of the female heroes, rather than having them all stop fighting to pose), but at the same time it was kinda silly that Thanos just sat there and let all the heroes portal on to the battlefield and pose up as well, rather than just attacking straight away.

I thought Scarlet Witch giving Thanos a right wolloping was a better female empowerment moment, but realistically the whole female pose scene was probably intended to inspire little children, rather than patronize adult women or upset adult man-children. :D

Caporegime
Lol, nice!

For the record, I too found the female pose scene clunky (would have been better to just have each obstacle CM encountered to be assisted by one of the female heroes, rather than having them all stop fighting to pose), but at the same time it was kinda silly that Thanos just sat there and let all the heroes portal on to the battlefield and pose up as well, rather than just attacking straight away.

I thought Scarlet Witch giving Thanos a right wolloping was a better female empowerment moment, but realistically the whole female pose scene was probably intended to inspire little children, rather than patronize adult women or upset adult man-children. :D

All good points

In hindsight, telling his ship to "reign fire" at the portals as soon as they appeared would have been the smart move

But then we wouldn't have gotten one of the most epic moments in the MCU :)

Back
Top Bottom