1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by V_R, Dec 7, 2018.

1. MissChief

Capodecina

Myself and my two kids saw it. Neither mentioned it at all. Will ask those that have seen it but I doubt they noticed it either.

2. No1newts

Capodecina

Not sure if they can make CM the face without doing one of two things: they either change the perspective of the film's and the team and make everyone involved Uber powerful like CM (could keep Thor and Hulk from the current lineup, maybe Dr Strangs reintroduce Vision) get the likes of Adam Warlock, Sentry and Franklin Richards if they get the FF involved, if they don't make everyone super amazing it will be pointless as no one but CM could ever win anything.

The other option would be to depower CM which defeats the point of a cool character.

They would be better keeping Avengers on threats of their own level and maybe have CM solo or on tie ins with other Omega level powers.

3. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Where is everyone getting the idea that Captain Marvel was going to head up the MCU now?

I seem to recall that Spider-man was going to be their focus after Phase 3.

4. Raymond Lin

Suspended

Thor on paper could destroy everyone too with his lightning and Stormbreaker but in the 2 Avengers movies and his own films he is never that.

5. No1newts

Capodecina

Just saw someone mention it, no idea who will be the front, not even seen rumours of a new Avengers yet.

6. robgmun

Capodecina

Kevin Feige has repeatedly said that he wanted CM to be the new face of the MCU now. He also said he wanted a mostly female lead MCU. if both pan out then I think we've all just seen the peak of the MCU as interest will slowly wind down. I'll be there for Dr Strange, GoTG/Thor and Spider-man but I'm not looking forward to the other movies they have planned

7. Raymond Lin

Suspended

Why would it wind down if CM be the face of Phase 4 with more female leads? You think most men are that anti-female or something? A good film is a good film, you really care the gender of the person in the lead that much?

8. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Why? See that's the mindset I don't get. Why would a more female centric MCU Phase 4 bother you?

9. nicktay2605

Mobster

I don't think there are that many men out there who dislike female leads in superhero films. There is a minority of dinosaurs and incels, but when you look at how much money some of the female-led superhero films took, I think it shows that most people don't care about the gender of the lead characters(s), so long as the film is good.

10. adam cool dude

Soldato

The gauntlet Thanos had made aloud him to harness the power and use it. Tony starks was pretty much a bodge to just do the hand click thing.

11. krooton

Caporegime

Sorry, I'll be clearer, they noticed that it was clearly a scene with a specific female empowerment message, and no one had any issue with the message, it was the delivery. Some thought "badass", some thought "whatever", and some through "clumsy".

It was strongly sign-posted, but the method of said sign-posting is what people are having differing opinions on.

To reiterate, no-one I know that has seen the film did not notice this specific female empowerment message (as opposed to just seeing a battle happening).

12. DrToffnar

Mobster

Good point actually!

13. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Same.

Though clearly some do have an issue with that message, sadly.

14. adam cool dude

Soldato

Thanos' Gaunlet in IW was made specially to harness the power.

15. Bigpig

Soldato

Strangely enough it's was mostly males that went and watched C.Marvel movie. All the females went to watch Aquaman to see big Jason cuting about with no shirt on.

16. adam cool dude

Soldato

I also wonder what will happen in the MCU now Tony Stark is gone? His brain and ideas single handed won most of the fights.

17. krooton

Caporegime

It shouldn't, but I think the history of terrible female-centric super hero films (not because they are female-centric, but because superhero films in the 90s were generally pretty bad) puts some people off.

I would quite like MCU takes on She-Hulk and Spider-Woman.

18. adam cool dude

Soldato

Aliens is one of the best Sci-fi films ever made and that's a female lead.

19. ChrisD.

Capodecina

To be fair one of the attractions of CM was Brie Larson in lycra...

20. Bigpig

Soldato

you mean her butt double