Was Queen Elizabeth I a Man?

Man of Honour
"During Edward VI’s reign, they were Elizabeth’s closest friends, and they stood by ‘her’ during her years of imprisonment in the Tower when her Catholic sister Mary was queen and decided the safest place for Elizabeth was under lock and key, where she could not threaten the throne."

I find it more than a bit unlikely the deception would have stood up during that time of imprisonment.

Soldato
Uh, no.

She had to be physically examined by physicians in anycase to determine whether she was capable of bearing children, a requirement of foreign princes who might think of marrying her. Plus her washerwomen were questioned whether she was monthly.

All reported that everything was as nature intended.

Caporegime

well we can't be sure those paintings are accurate at all , maybe that's the persona she wanted to put across a hard faced woman who won't take **** ?
you realise loads of people hated her as well right? there were multiple attempts on her life

some of these portraits could have been done by people who hated and wanted to mock her

you should watch
Time Travellers Guide to Elizabethan England on bbc iplayer theres 2 eps so far and it's quite interesting, ep2 talks about Elizabeth a lot

Caporegime
Since this thread is here I actually went to Kenilworth castle on Saturday with my girlfriend and it's awesome. Learnt so much that I didn't know especially about Elizabeth I and here life with Robert Dudley.

Back
Top Bottom