Was talked into a rimless toilet - nothing but problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
We had our bathroom redone and installed the Florence back to wall rimless toilet from soak.

When it was fitted, the plumber mentioned that the ubend outlet is very small and that the flush does not reach the front of the bowl. (He never fitted a rimless toilet before so wasn't sure if that's normal on these)
It is with a 6 litre cistern as supplied by the company

And yep sure enough every other "session" the bugger is blocked! and on top of that the front of the bowl is not flushed at all!

I have uploaded a short vid showing the flush.

The wife rang their customer support and they stated nobody else had a problem with this toilet and asked for videos.

Any experts here know if it is working as it should or a manufacturing defect ?!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
After the bend does the pipe go up at all before emptying into the main pipe/sewer out? We had similar problem with blocking up caused by the pipe going up very slightly and had to reseat the toilet on a raised platform.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Something wrong for sure, every rimless toilet ive seen there is a powerful "jet" of water so to speak that runs across the entire top edge and then clashes at the middle of the front.

That looks as if the water from the cistern isn't exiting quick enough. Did you install a way to access the cistern? What happens if rather than using the flusher you just manually lift the plunger bit out and allow it to drain through unimpeded?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick advise

The pipe doesn't go up after the u bend.

I can access the cistern and overfilled the cistern about an inch above the max 6 liter mark to see if things would improve.

The flush still didn't reach the front of the bowl.

Manually lifted the plunger. No improvement.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Thanks for the quick advise

The pipe doesn't go up after the u bend.

I can access the cistern and overfilled the cistern about an inch above the max 6 liter mark to see if things would improve.

The flush still didn't reach the front of the bowl.

Manually lifted the plunger. No improvement.

Does the plunger mechanism lift out? If it does, how about if you just take the whole thing out so it doesnt go through the mechanism at all?

Sounds like some sort of blockage between the cistern and the bowl.

Soldato
Year ago I had a job to unblock someones bowl - it would flush but not enough water came out to flush it - the water and contents just rose up the pan - took me ages to find problem - I must say it was a syphonic cistern not like yours but problem might be the same - When pressed handle the lever inside caught on syphon so it didn't have a full flush - without the full flush it didn't work - Just wondered if you had same - if the rubber ring only just lifts off it's seat it isn't allowing the full fast flush - Just a thought

Associate
OP
I've taken the mechanism out and chucked a bucket ofwater straight through the pipe - same thing. Water does not reach the front of the bowl.
The whole cistern gets emptied when you press the handle.

Running out of ideas now other than the design of the toilet being at fault.

Soldato
Take the cistern off the top and make sure it is mounted correctly, the rubber seal may not be in the proper place and blocking the flow of water.

Associate
OP
rubber seal was fine, already took the whole thing apart and reassembled it myself. Not that I suspected anything wrong with the work the bathroom fitter had done anyway.

I seem to have found the problem! Where the water sprays out of the bowl there are 5 holes.
3 from the top and the 2 "jets" on the side.

If I block the 2 outer holes from the top it flushes perfectly nice jet all around the bowl.

Pic to show the outlet :
70gj8j.jpg

this cannot be right and it did not come with plugs for the 2 outer holes to be fitted either.

Associate
if like mine you should have some form of plastic plug that inserts into the jet holes on the pan - this then gently directs the current to the parts that it should go to. Not all down the back like yours ...

Not sure i like mine either, to clean it you have to take said plug off which will no doubt be full of 'matter'

Associate
did you resolve this??

I've just got a rimless toilet and it does exactly as your video, all out the back, not enough out the side jets to meet at the front

Soldato
That seems really odd, I wouldn't be happy having to DIY a brand new item just to make it work properly!

What's going on, as if this didn't work at all with the 5 hole configuration you would think they wouldn't manufacture it like that.

Associate
It is odd, could have been something in the box I missed. My cistern was supplied with the toilet so you would assume they would work correctly.

I've actually found some white rubber bungs on the bay that I'm going to use instead of silicone for a slightly better and lasting solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom