watch advice

Associate
hey guys. I'm looking to get a nice watch but don't know what make are good etc. Seen other related threads but don't want to spend no more than £350 at most. :(

I quite like Tag Heuer but not sure.

any advice or suggestions?

Associate
I recently got a Sony Ericsson MBW-100 Bluetooth watch for use with my Sony Ericsson K800i. Nice if you like you're gadgets :)

Associate
OP
Adam. said:
I recently got a Sony Ericsson MBW-100 Bluetooth watch for use with my Sony Ericsson K800i. Nice if you like you're gadgets :)

yeh, that does look nice, but heard you have to recharge it a lot. true? any real pics?

Don
hittman said:
I quite like Tag Heuer but not sure.

any advice or suggestions?

yes , don't

Tag are a design and marketing company, they do not make watches

They buy parts and pay to have them assembled ( often in Asia )

They then pack them in switzerland thus allowing them to be called "swiss made"

have a look at Longines

Associate
OP
Rotty said:
yes , don't

have a look at Longines

yeh saw this in one of the other threads on here but what is the disadvantage of this though? I do quite like the designs from them. Longines watches not my cup of tea.

Associate
Save £345 for upgrading your pc and spend a fiver on a Marks & Spencer watch :p

Just me, but i don't see the point in expensive watches.. or gold ones!

But putting that aside, Breitling have nice watches - especially aviator ones.

Don
hittman said:
yeh saw this in one of the other threads on here but what is the disadvantage of this though? I do quite like the designs from them. Longines watches not my cup of tea.

no physical disadvantage other than you are not buying what you are being sold, ie a quality swiss watch

also it will depreciate by 50% the minute you walk out of the shop door, if you must buy one then get it 2nd hand and let someone else take the big hit on the value

if you want a qulaity swiss watch then a Tag isn't one , if you want a nice watch that looks smart and nothing more then why pay Tag's prices ?

Associate
OP
Rotty said:
no physical disadvantage other than you are not buying what you are being sold, ie a quality swiss watch

also it will depreciate by 50% the minute you walk out of the shop door, if you must buy one then get it 2nd hand and let someone else take the big hit on the value

true. its like buying a car. lol. what do you think of Jacob & Co watches? I can't afford them but maybe a relica on ebay? or is it too bling bling?

Don
Barrington said:
Save £345 for upgrading your pc and spend a fiver on a Marks & Spencer watch :p

Just me, but i don't see the point in expensive watches.. or gold ones!

But putting that aside, Breitling have nice watches - especially aviator ones.

do you mean the Navitimer ? :confused:

Don
hittman said:
true. its like buying a car. lol. what do you think of Jacob & Co watches? I can't afford them but maybe a relica on ebay? or is it too bling bling?

Jacob, now there's a thing :eek:

Jacob are the joke of the watch world, a 10 quid movement packaged in a crap case with cheap diamonds and sold for stupid money

They sell 2nd hand for less than 20% of RRP, oh and BTW it looks like Mr Jacob himself will be going to prison very shortly

Associate
OP
@Barrington

I use to think like that but want a nice watch for some reason. :p Don't play pc games at all and my pc is fine. ;)

@Rotty

Why he going to prison? lol I've seen some on ebay going cheap and think they look ok but I think the diamons are abit much.

Don
hittman said:
@Barrington

I use to think like that but want a nice watch for some reason. :p Don't play pc games at all and my pc is fine. ;)

@Rotty

Why he going to prison? lol I've seen some on ebay going cheap and think they look ok but I think the diamons are abit much.

drugs and money laundering ( obviously allegedly ;) )

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5791

re replica Jacob's

the daft thing is that, apart from the rubbish diamonds, a replica is probably about as good as a real one though it is still a crap copy of a crap watch at the end of the day :D

Associate
OP
melbourne720 said:
If you want something completely different, try a Vostok Europe. Alsal watches on the strand does them.

nice suggestion and within my budget. cheers pal. which one u got?

lol@Rotty true m8. if it didn't have the diamonds on it, I think it would look quite funky. what u reckon of the Vostok?

Associate
hittman said:
nice suggestion and within my budget. cheers pal. which one u got?

lol@Rotty true m8. if it didn't have the diamonds on it, I think it would look quite funky. what u reckon of the Vostok?

K-3 Submarine in black, automatic, with white detail and a red seconds hand.

http://www.vostok-watches.com/images/big/k3__2432-0325032_steel_big.jpg

I've been very happy with it. The sweep of the seconds hand isn't as smooth as my mates omega seamaster, but at an 1/8 of the cost you wouldn't expect it to be! Moves about every 1/4 of a second. Clear back looks very cool. Feels solid and substantial, much more so than a regular vostock (used to have one of them). Rotating bezel with good firm click sound to it.

If you do go to Alsal, I knocked them down from £150 to £135 - prices may have changed though.

Last edited:
Associate
Never heard any mentions on Tissot watches round here... I guess they're not in the same league as Omega and such but still have a couple of nice looking watches.
Anyone fancy giving a short report on them? Quality, cost, looks..? Perhaps just a complete no-go?

Soldato
Rotty said:
yes , don't

have a look at Longines

Tags look damn sexy though

Soldato
i bought a really nice revue thommen airspeed xxl at christmas, lovely watches seem to be incredibly well made and can be had in your price range.

Please rotty dont tell me its a pile of crap aswell :o

Back
Top Bottom