Water meter question

Soldato
I just had one fitted and noticed the connections are 15mm , afaik most of my plumbing is 22mm with 15mm branches for sinks and showers , will that meter reduce my flow rate or pressure?

I just tried the shower and flushed the loo and the flow dropped off in the shower but tbh I’ve never tried that before so I’m none the wiser

Soldato
Can`t help with your question but....
My next door neighbour has a water meter and a few weeks ago a water board man came to read his meter.Apparently he had a leak in his garden and did not know.He had a bill for £6000:eek:
Check you meter regularly

Permabanned
I am wondering where the 15mm pipe is? Mostly the meter is fitted outside to the large blue pipe, which is 20mm.

The standard blue supply pipes that they use are 20mm in diameter, but they are thick plastic and the internal diameter is 15mm, so 15mm is about standard.

Yes, you could normally expect the pressure to drop to "miserable" if you run several things at once. Of course it depends on the local pressure. Some areas already have miserable pressure so if indeed he has reduced the pipe then you could expect the flow rate to fall so "super miserable".

Back
Top Bottom