Watercooled PC with 2 years without changing the liquid cause I'm scared?

Associate
Have a custom loop going on but my mayhem liquid has been in there for 2 years without maintenance. Scared to change it myself and the company I got it from needs to sent out to them which I can't cause I work on it. Any ideas of what I can do?

Associate
OP
Does it have a drain port installed at all?

It looks like this haven't check the other side but is it likely to be there?

20180824_213753.jpg

Associate
OP
Hey dudes sorry current on holiday but to answer your questions the system and temps are still perfectly fine and yes its 2 custoom loops for cpu and gpu.

I havent checked the back of the pc yet

Associate
The loop looks really nice btw.
and err i would youtube how to drain for tips etc then get loads of tissue and try it. but its up to you.
if you get it from a company I would hope it had a drain port they should have thought out the loop enough that your maintenance insnt to bad

Soldato
I built a loop on the cheap using 2nd hand parts. I didn't put a drain port or anything as I couldn't be bothered. I didn't drain if for a couple of years or so, but then did a gpu upgrade so I thought, great! I can actually drain and flush it now.

Popped out the gpu and unplugged the mini res / pump, but hardly any water came out as it was all still in the rads.... tried to flush some water through but couldn't make it work.

That was a couple of years ago, so the bulk of the fluid has probably been in the loop for like 4 years. Fortunately, nothing bad has happened, at least nothing that I can see anyway. I'm just running deionised water + a drop of some kind of adative though.

Back
Top Bottom