Watercooling loop leaked twice... (hardline)

Soldato
Which is my I contradicted myself in the very next sentence suggesting component temps were being misreported :p

True, just to be clear when I say lazy I literally screwed MDF offcuts to the outside of the case when drunk and screwed loop parts to that :D

It worked though...

Associate
OP
It looks exactly like this is what happened though, I’ve had it before with a lazy loop it deformed around the fittings in exactly this way. The fitting gets too hot and as a result the tube deforms under the pressure of the fitting, result is a poor seal and corresponding leak...

I think this is what’s happened here, insufficient cooling and potentially less than optimal flow moving the heat combined with the angles on the tubes.

I reckon this will solve your problems so fingers crossed!

I really hope that you’re right and it feels like you are because the fittings felt even warmer than the rest like if they didn’t release heat, and the shape was bad inside of them.

Today I disassembled the PC and moved it to its new home. Next step is tubing and lots of prayers.

D2F1EC23-9885-4A60-86B8-E2111B8E1CAA.jpeg.161325d26922bf1757ac30275c367a02.jpeg

Soldato
I really hope that you’re right and it feels like you are because the fittings felt even warmer than the rest like if they didn’t release heat, and the shape was bad inside of them.

Today I disassembled the PC and moved it to its new home. Next step is tubing and lots of prayers.

Possibly, it’s a good idea to check you have good flow and wouldn’t be a bad idea checking the blocks are clear of any crud on the jet plates etc. They won’t get nearly as hot if the cooling is much better either so should be fine!

Soldato
I'd agree with smffy and certainly check flow and ensure the pump is running at an adequate speed + flow rate.

Straight fittings don't usually leak especially when you consider the GPU would have had a fair bit of movement due to the flexibility of the pcie lane + bracket. Just seems odd to be warping + leaking after the hottest component's in the loop. 60c on a liquid cooled card is pretty high.

While its apart, best to just give it a good rinse out. Check blocks and rads etc.

Also, if it is a stress leak then just the obvious and ensure when you fit the new tubes they slot in nicely. Ends nice and chamfered + polished and without too much stress + or pulling between components.

Good choice on case BTW. I have the rog wgx which is very similar to the dynamic. Both great cases.

Associate
OP
AF48219E-4B91-4042-AE76-2D859ED9B302.jpeg.cbff24eaaae95c206a3ad2f686878886.jpeg
All tubed, loop initialized !

not perfect tubing but it’s going to be fine for now.

There SEEMS to be no leaks, temps in bios was a stable 23C for the CPU
Once in windows 27-29C for both CPU & GPU

All i have to do is fire up a game and cross fingers !
I Must conceed : I’m scared right now

Associate
OP
Update after 2 days :

Temps are much lower. Nor the CPU or the 2080 ti will exceed 45C while playing Apex Legends at full specs 2K 144Hz for 2 hrs. Opened the case afterwards, feels way cooler inside than the previous case. Fittings temps are decent.

To sum up, the initial configuration had many flaws.

1- a lone 240mm rad for both a last gen i7 and an OC 2080 ti.

2- The rad was blowing hot air directly to the reservoir, crossing the case and was exhausted on top & read.

Now, the 3 right side fans are bringing fresh air which extracts part of the reservoir heat (there's heat sinks on its back) and most of the heat is extracted directly to the outside by the 280mm radiator. Only the 240mm rad will pull some heat inside the case but it will not stay here for long.

We will see how it goes in the next weeks and myplans for the future are adding a 360mm rad to the right side and eventually someday swapping the 240mm at the bottom with a 360mm for even less noise
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom