Watercooling, unable to connect tubing (Swiftech Kit)

Associate
Hey, I'm looking for a little help.

I've had watercooling for a couple of years now and the putting together of that kit was fine.

I decided to just go for a simple and easy route with a new computer and decided to buy the Swiftech Ultra kit but I've hit a huge roadblock when putting the thing together: the tubes do not seem to want to fit round any of the fittings...

I'm a pretty strong guy and I'm unable to get them round the fittings... surely something is wrong.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing or have Swiftech simply provided the wrong diameter tubing?

Caporegime
WiBu said:
Hey, I'm looking for a little help.

I've had watercooling for a couple of years now and the putting together of that kit was fine.

I decided to just go for a simple and easy route with a new computer and decided to buy the Swiftech Ultra kit but I've hit a huge roadblock when putting the thing together: the tubes do not seem to want to fit round any of the fittings...

I'm a pretty strong guy and I'm unable to get them round the fittings... surely something is wrong.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing or have Swiftech simply provided the wrong diameter tubing?

Heat up the tube ends with a hair dryer or soak in really hot water for about 30 seconds

Then ease them on!
Dead easy! :D

Soldato
Getting the 7/16 tubing onto the Pump is normally the tricky bit as the pump has 1/2 barbs. a tiny bit of washing up liquid always does it fo me.

Associate
Meh.... I just twist n' shove... no hot water or any other method other than brute force... Just had to force 10 lengths over 1/2" PerfectSeal fittings... fingers are a bit raw, but prevents contamination of tubing from tap water etc etc. S'doable.

Put it on sideways at an angle to the fitting, then slowly twist and push whilst straightening it up on the fitting. Watch it closely as you do so... you'll see that the lip of the tubing JUST pops over the edge of the fitting. Soon as that happens, stop twisting and shove damn hard...

Back
Top Bottom