WC Question & How to fit Pump/Res to Corsair 240 Carbide

Permabanned
Hi Chaps,

Got my hands on a well priced EK-KIT S240 and have already bought some extra fittings (a 90 degrees, some 45's) to try and make it look as good as possible but am struggling to figure out how to get the 100 SPC-60 pump/res fitted so I can keep it at the front.

This is just a CPU look (for now!). Every AIO I have had has been loud as anything, so hoping this works but please ignore any bad "routes" that my WC is going through, not entirely sure what the rules are but the EK instruction book said it didnt matter. This is what I am trying to do

468E1mW.png

Red is the pump/res, the blue is the CPU and the green is the 240 rad. I've not found anyone that has put the res in the front with the same pump as me yet, I'm sure there is a reason why! But I don't want the pump round the back, want it on show it was expensive enough! It goes Pump -> Rad -> CPU -> Pump, I figured thats okay.

The Question: How... do I get my res/pump to sit there? Behind it is a 80mm fan vent and I cannot find anything to fit the thing above where my gpu sit. Also, is this just a bad idea? Or is it only bad because I cannot find a fitting..

Other question: Does it matter which way round you fit the CPU block? I wanted it vertical, with the in and out above/below, is this an issue? The block looked square...! Heck does it matter which hole you you connect to what? There aint any valves or anyting that only work a certain way right?

Another question: Should I add in a quick release somewhere? Draining this will be a nightmare, so a quick release should help right? Thing is they are like £30! Will I need both a female, male and then 2 more compression fittings? Can I stick a quick release say on the rad? So it has a nice long tube attached?

Associate
"Does it matter which way round you fit the block" Usually included with the instructions it will state a IN and OUT on a cpu block to direct water directly at the base plate for slight extra cooling, regarding fitting angle, I don't believe it usually matters .. My particular one I have fitted vertical so it is cosmetically pleasing with the lettering on unit etc.

"Should I fit in a quick release somewhere" You use quick release units usually for external kit, for internal I would normally buy a res with an extra output, then attach a ball valve there for draining (Or soft tubing to hide it away and then the ball valve on the end for a neater look through a case window etc.

Soldato
The rad may have a fill/drain port (some do).
You could also have a "t" piece fitted somewhere in series with a bit of tube hanging off that for fill/drain purposes, depends if you can hide it.

Permabanned
OP
Nah, this has no drain port or anything.

I think I'll leave the drain port then (going to regret it) since I can't make it hidden and I'd rather not spend £35... I think I'll be able to dismount the CPU block and then pull that far enough away over something to catch the water to drain it. And as much as I say I'll expand it... I wont :D

Associate
Nah, this has no drain port or anything.

I think I'll leave the drain port then (going to regret it) since I can't make it hidden and I'd rather not spend £35... I think I'll be able to dismount the CPU block and then pull that far enough away over something to catch the water to drain it. And as much as I say I'll expand it... I wont :D
My drain is in the rear compartment inbetween the res in the front compartment and the pump in the rear.

Back
Top Bottom