WD drives and copy protection?

Associate
i know WD drive owners had probs with the WD enclosures blocking transfer of avis, mp3s etc. Do the internal drives have this junk on them also?

I want a new drive and am looking at the 2TB one for media storage (prefer WD drives to others manufs) but wary of this potential copy protection junk

Associate
OP
thought so but wanted to make sure :)

would seem like a stupid move tbh since people wouldn't buy em. got to wonder why they did it for their ext drives though

Associate
OP
i have all my DVDs stored in a disk case type thing. i keep the boxes stored separately. once this is done, i can rip em, convert to x264 which in some cases will improve quality and store loads on there. my old HD-DVDs i'll rip as is and leave the BDs out of it.

at least, that's the plan. i'm doing a full format and oh my god is it taking eons!

Soldato
Allways do a Full Format on New Drives. Beware if U don't. Sooner or later if you do a Quick it will revert back to RAW state and u will lose everything on it.

Don't post nonsense. The ONLY difference between a quick and full format is that full scans the partition with chkdsk.

Back
Top Bottom