WDTV Live media player stopped working

Associate
Ive just had my house rewired, re installed my network setup and changed from a BT home hub 4 to a home hub 6 (smart hub), updated windows 10 install on pc and got my TV AV setup again.
But now my WDTV Live media player refuses to find my network share on my PC.

My first thought was theres a problem with the network but absolutely everything else works fine, second idea was maybe the smart hub needs a setting changed or something so i setup my old home hub 4 again and it still didnt work.
Ive got a second WDTV live in my bedroom running on wireless not ethernet, this has stopped working now too so the only thing i can think of is some kinda update to windows 10 has stopped my media sharing.
Anyone got any ideas i can try?

Associate
OP
Yeah everything else works fine, if i go onto Media Server on the WD it shows my PC, but theres nothing in those folders because my Medias all on my other hard drives.
I normally use the Network share option on the WD and it shows the folders ive shared on my pc but now it wont even access the people through that setting.
Any ideas for what settings on my pc could have changed? ive spent so long googling and trying different things to get it going and it still doesn't work

Associate
OP
Think thats all correctly set. For some reason i keep thinking it might be something to do with the homegroup, theres no way to enter a password on my WDTV and windows insists i set one now

Associate
I'd do a factory reset on the wdtv live and set it up again from scratch. Mine has done this, on average, once a year for the past 3 years.

Factory reset always gets it working again though

Associate
Certainly not a windows 10 issue as I share with my wdtv fine. Just a matter of right clicking on a folder that you want to share and identifying that I want to share it with the WDTV user that is on my windows 10 machine. Then just putting the password for the wdtv user in on the device itself.

Back
Top Bottom