Wealth gap 'widest in 40 years'

Caporegime
DAVEM said:
Ha ha thats a little harsh. IMO sucess in the Private Sector is about working harder, better and smarter than your competition.

Well thats the theory ;) I know from experience there are other ways to success too :p

Permabanned
scorza said:
Well thats the theory ;) I know from experience there are other ways to success too :p

Of course, but IMO asymptotically free market economics is the way to go. ;)

Caporegime
i know nothing said:
And how do they help you in achieving your ideals regarding the wealth gap? I'd be interested to hear what they are.

It doesn't help with the wealth gap, just ensures that the most ruthless people get to the top.

An example - early on in my career I worked on an IT project that was going up the spout. Several decisions were made by the project manager that I thought were questionable at the time - stuff that just seemed to unnecessarily annoy our client, but what did I know? I was new to the industry. Anyway lo' and behold, after several weeks worth of meetings with the client, we agreed to cancel the contract (we made a small loss IIRC). I kinda expected the PM to be in a bit of bother, and to be fair, he did get a bollocking at the time. However 6 months later he actually got promoted :eek: The story is he got promoted because he impressed senior management by successfully getting out of a messy project (they seemed to have forgotten he contributed a lot of the mess :p )