Website building company

Man of Honour
Hi all. I'm looking for a company to build a website for an IT consultancy me and a friend are starting.

Domain name etc is all set up, I just want a basic site creating with details of our services, what we've done etc.

Any recommendations please? Or just do it myself? The domain is registered with Go Daddy who have a site building option.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If it's any help I was getting quotes from £200 to £1000 from offshore web developers when I put an advert on freelancer.com

I didn't use any of them so can't recommend anyone. But thought that figure might be useful. It would obviously have been for a fairly basic Wordpress site.

Man of Honour
OP
I've actually managed to do what I wanted in the past few hours using the site builder, it's far easier than I remembered from about 10 years ago!

Soldato
Just use wix

As a web developer myself, having a bespoke website created is only really needed in specific scenarios', a wix or Squarespace website will suit your needs just fine.

Dont let anyone tell you "You should just make your own, its super easy", yeah it is, but what isn't easy is meeting all modern regulations including WCAG 2.1, GDPR, and ensuring modern HTML5 syntax for optimal SEO.

Associate
Depending on your technical knowledge, I would recommend looking into Wordpress themes. Have a search around places like Themeforest, and you will find something you like that you can customise and edit for your buisness.

Thinks like Wix and Squarespace are decent, but when I used them in the past, they are quite limited. (this may have changed though)

Back
Top Bottom