Wedding shot... does this work?

Soldato
Got my first DSLR (a 400D) just over a week ago in preparation for a friend's wedding.

Still getting to the grips with the camera and it was a pretty casual affair... no real pressure and it all went pretty well, apart from me losing the CF card with the ceremony pictures on but that's for another time :eek: :o

Just going through a few of the pictures from the evening do and had my first real attempt at processing. Is this one any good?

Before
tcwedding.jpg

After
tcweddingbw.jpg

Cropped, greyscale and added some vignetting in Lightroom.

Last edited:
Associate
Never take a photo of a fat girl from behind especially with rough tattoos showing, it never looks good.

It needs colour correcting, the skin looks too pink, the man looks too hot and bothered, make him less shiny.
If using the flash, you maybe can get away with not using such a high Iso, It's pretty noisy.

As others have said very they look very awkward.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys! Again, I appreciate the feedback.

They were actually dancing, hence why I tried to keep the girl singing in the background. I know what you mean about the facial expression, it looks like he's in pain! lol

Raymond, nah, it wasn't a paid gig. The bride is a family friend and she asked if I'd take the pictures a month or two ago, just as a favour. I was going to borrow my mate's 350D but went ahead and got the 400D instead.

I wouldn't dream of shooting a wedding for a stranger at this early stage. I think it'll be a while before I feel comfortable enough to do so. At least it gave me an idea on what to expect though.

Blackbadger, I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I honestly thought the camera was set to ISO 800 but looking at the EXIF info, it was 1600 :(

Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom