Weight of built PC in Core P1 case??

Soldato
Hello all,

I've got a Core P1 case that I'm looking to wall mount the pc above the monitor (full build) i'm looking at TV wall mounts obv they hold up to a certain weight, so roughly what does a full build PC weigh???

Many Thanks.

Associate
Hello all,

I've got a Core P1 case that I'm looking to wall mount the pc above the monitor (full build) i'm looking at TV wall mounts obv they hold up to a certain weight, so roughly what does a full build PC weigh???

Many Thanks.

Can't predict this without all parts being listed. GPU's, heatsinks, hdd's all are heavy things with a lot of potential weight differences.
My build that has a 2.2kg gpu, 1kg cpu cooler and 6 spinning rust disks might be twice the weight of someone with an apu, stock cooler and one ssd.

Soldato
OP
maybe not know the answer, but a rough idea... between such and such..

Might have to try and get it on some bathroom scales lol.

Soldato
OP
Easy enough to work out. All of the major parts will have published weights (the chassis is 9.5kg for example).

Yeah, jsut thought of that and looking it up. :D

Quick tally up and it's only around 16KG all in, less then I thought TBH.

Last edited:
Soldato
One of the things you "might" struggle with is getting a small enough one that is hidden behind the case. I have a Core P5 and its huge but most TV wall brackets now cater for up to 55"+ and will stick out the sides. Been struggling to get a smaller one that will hold about 18KG though so if you come across one please post.. Funny thing is that i am sure that i have binned a couple of smaller ones in the past.. :(

Soldato
Why look at TV wall mounts to mount it?

You have to remember TV wall mounts are designed and tested to hold that weight 2 inches from the wall.

You'll likely need to use proper brackets and wood of your choosing.

Soldato
Why look at TV wall mounts to mount it?

You have to remember TV wall mounts are designed and tested to hold that weight 2 inches from the wall.

You'll likely need to use proper brackets and wood of your choosing.

The Thermalright Core series open air cases are designed to use a TV bracket to wall mount. There are plenty of people using them.

Back
Top Bottom