• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Weird CPU usage on i7-6800K - 1 core always 100% in games

Associate
I've stumbled on a weird CPU usage issue with my i7-6800K, that only seems to transpire when playing games. Particularly Battlefield 1, R6: Siege and PU:Battlegrounds. Which is that 1 core will always be sit at 100% usage (it's always the same core - CPU#10 to be exact, except, weirdly, the core will change to CPU#4 if I reset my overclock).

My specs:
6800K @ 4.3GHz
X99 Strix
16GB @ 2666MHz (4x4)
GTX 1080
HX1000i

Edit: Found this to also be occurring in Unigine Valley :S

Is this normal?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It's fine. Why worry about this type of stuff.

Because I was getting way less FPS I was seeing people getting with similar specs. I also had a friend getting evenish core usage on R6 Siege on a 3930K, where I always had 1 at 100%.

I've solved it now anyway... oddly enough it was uninstalling Intel's Turbo Boost 3.0 that seems to have solved it.

Soldato
Because I was getting way less FPS I was seeing people getting with similar specs. I also had a friend getting evenish core usage on R6 Siege on a 3930K, where I always had 1 at 100%.

I've solved it now anyway... oddly enough it was uninstalling Intel's Turbo Boost 3.0 that seems to have solved it.

Every time I uninstall turbo boost 3.0 it reinstalls itself after a reboot. I've given up trying to uninstall and now just have it disabled.

Back
Top Bottom