weird few weeks

Soldato
Weird few weeks ive had, got called into the office three Fridays ago (been there 19 years) the director says ” theres no easy way to put this but as from today your position is been made redundent, we are giving you three months notice but you don’t have to work it” so he pops a cheque for 6k in my hand 4.5k to follow by bacs and that’s it im out of work, no gold watch or thank you.
Anyway the strange thing is I felt a sort of relief that I had been forced to change a job I didn’t realy enjoy, I got home opened a bottle of wine and watched the shawshank redemption, it just so sums up how I felt, should have had the guts to change jobs before now.
Got my cv updated sent out about 40 applications (some online) and hey presto im working again, the best thing for me is that its 10pm till 6am over 5 days but I wake at 11.30am so I get every afternoon to myself plus all day Monday, plus the jobs great (money is a little better)
The moral I think is don’t wait to be pushed if you don’t enjoy your job but having said that im a bit better off even though they did pay me the minimum payment, anyway need to finish my drink, I don’t have to work tommorow :)

Soldato
OP
Matthew-1985 said:
Congrats on the job. What did you do and what are you doing now?
nothing too exiting , i was a stock controller , now im working for cat logistics distributing volvo parts to dealers , the best thing is that i didnt have to attend my job seekers interveiw :)

Back
Top Bottom