Weird problem...

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I have some nice Sony headphones, when they're connected to my phone (iphone 7 plus) they sound great, everything is perfect and the bass is great.

However when I have them connected to my PC, the sound quality is worse and the bass is hardly there! is there a reason for this? I think it might be because i need a sound card for my PC but im not sure

Soldato
What's the model of those particular headphones?

Also make sure you try also rear output of the motherboard, if you tried with front connector of the case.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
What's the model of those particular headphones?

Also make sure you try also rear output of the motherboard, if you tried with front connector of the case.

They are the Sony MDR XB50AP in ear headphones (extra bass)

They sound very good through my phone, but through the PC headphone jack they are nowhere near as good.

Also, not sure if my motherboard has a rear output (its the MSI B450 Pro carbon AC)

Soldato
He means the audio 3.5mm sockets directly on the board itself, not any audio sockets on front of the PC case that connect to the motherboard.

Something odd going on there, because ALC1220 should have no issue with those headphones.

My guess is that it is likely a setting.

Check to see if 2.0 is selected in the Realtek control panel. If it's set to 5.1, then the bass frequencies will not be sent to the headphones; they will be sent to where a subwoofer would be connected if you had a 5.1 speaker set up.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
He means the audio 3.5mm sockets directly on the board itself, not any audio sockets on front of the PC case that connect to the motherboard.

Something odd going on there, because ALC1220 should have no issue with those headphones.

My guess is that it is likely a setting.

Check to see if 2.0 is selected in the Realtek control panel. If it's set to 5.1, then the bass frequencies will not be sent to the headphones; they will be sent to where a subwoofer would be connected if you had a 5.1 speaker set up.

Well i have only tested it using the headphone jack on the case speaker, so i’ll try it on the headphone jack at the back! I didnt think that it would make a difference however

Thanks for your help, I will update you on what happens later

Back
Top Bottom