Well this looks awesome!.. Asus Eee Transformer Tablet

Permabanned
jimbob - That pic is much much worse than any light bleeding I have, there is one bit of light bleeding on the right hand side of my screen (in landscape mode) but nothing like that. I'd liken it to the small spot you have on the top of the screen on yours.

Associate
Thanks for the input folks. I'll decide tomorrow. The thing is, taking photos always accentuates the problem. I was surprised at the amount on the bottom right in the pictures (landscape), because it looks quite pronounced but doesn't appear so bad to the naked eye. For normal use, and watching movies that take up the whole screen rather than letterboxed the display is phenomenal.

I'll sleep on it - I'd much rather have light bleed than a few dead pixels.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was able to work out what these words meant with my super babelfish type mind. ;)

Good for you Babelfish and all!

However there are at least 3 versions of this tablet not available yet on retail , and if asus want to lock it down they will, mibbe this is why there had been an unexplained delay in the second batch?

I have seen reports of auto updates on initial boots already which mean asus may have tinkered with the second batch and made it harder for anyone from here on in, bar the 300 or so already in circulation, to ever root or flash, meaning what has been discovered so far may be in vain

If you own one do what you want with it, if asus lock it down then they will lose out even more on what should be a great device following a pathetic launch

I dont seem to have a lot of bleed, just a few light spots down the right in landscape (as per Wicksta), some of the pictures posted look pretty bad and id be tempted to swap if it was me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Unless you guys can convince me otherwise. I'm ordering mine tonight :)

It is a great tablet, for sure. I'm loving mine (bleed aside)

The one annoyance I have is the fact it cannot play high profile videos, whereas the Samsung Galaxy tab can.

I don't know if that'll put you off, but I thought I'd try! :)

Soldato
I'm getting cold feet!

Some of the reviews seem to show the browser is more sluggish than browsing on my Desire HD also some of the reviews show the camera does not capture video!

Can some owners tell me how smooth scrolling and zooming is?

Also putting me off is the lack of killer tablet apps, anyone got a list of great Android Tablet apps that I will want to get?

Also, how do you find using it without the keyboard say on a sofa or in bed?

Soldato
I'm getting cold feet!

Some of the reviews seem to show the browser is more sluggish than browsing on my Desire HD also some of the reviews show the camera does not capture video!

I find browsing good in general, the forums and BBC etc are fine, if your looking at a flash intensive site scrolling/zooming can be a bit sticky, XDA forums are a bit sluggish for me, but they have a lot of adverts.
The camera will require a fix from Asus,

Also putting me off is the lack of killer tablet apps, anyone got a list of great Android Tablet apps that I will want to get?

Well as neither Honeycomb or a great selection of hardware is really out there yet for the devs there arent many apps or widgets specifically designed for the tablets, other than the ones Asus provided
Most things iv tried have worked fine, Beautiful Widgets and Pure Calender have released updates to work better with Honeycomb, and widgets are scrollable
Of course Angry birds is excellent!

Also, how do you find using it without the keyboard say on a sofa or in bed?

Great, the keyboard is big enough to type well and the screen itself adds to a good browsing experience, (i sold and ipad to buy this, and i prefer this!)

It sounds like you may want to go have a look at one of these or the xoom before you buy,

This is great bit of kit but there will be issues to iron out for early adopters from both Asus and some from google regarding honeycomb

The Anandtech review doesnt fault the hardware much as you can see so its about how the software development takes off from here,
Anandtech refer to a number of upcoming updates throughout their review for both the tab and the dock

Last edited:
Associate
If I buy a stock tablet without keyboard. Will i be able to get a keyboard soonish before the next batch comes in?

Also are the next batch any different? Or just a new batch

Soldato
If I buy a stock tablet without keyboard. Will i be able to get a keyboard soonish before the next batch comes in?

Also are the next batch any different? Or just a new batch

Asus said second half of may for keyboard delivery, could be earlier,

ASUS UK will aim to deliver keyboard docks during the second half of May, although delivery dates will vary depending on payment and could be earlier. Orders placed with ASUS UK after 5pm on Friday 29th April 2011 will not be accepted. End-users will then have to order the keyboard dock from approved UK retailers

As for second batch, no one knows yet, nothing official. They may have the newer firmware on them but its doubtful as its only been a few weeks,

There was a report on XDA of an automatic update on power on, which I didn't get with mine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom