1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well this looks awesome!.. Asus Eee Transformer Tablet

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Sunbed, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Bobcat

Wise Guy

Android Central have posted quite a good review today - http://www.androidcentral.com/asus-eeepad-transformer-review

I have found that the OTA Update from Asus has ironed out a few little glitches, some would say that it should not have been shipped with the glitches, but in all fairness to Asus they issued the OTA Update within two weeks of it being released, that is a result in my eyes, hope they continue to provide updates in the future.

For people having problems with the XDA Forum switch to 'Classic' view and it removes most of the scripting and adverts off the page that was causing a slow-down on the tablet.

2. ewarwoowar

Hitman

But original transformers will still get all these updates?

As long as I won't buy one right now and find out all the hardware been changed which is doubtful as its running on a Tegra 2.

Will the glitches be fixed on the original batch?

3. Bobcat

Wise Guy

I have one from what you would class as the first batch, yes the OTA Updates are being issued to the devices, switched it on the other morning and it notified that there was an update available, just like you do on your phone with the market downloads that have an update available, downloaded and installed the update, think it was around 40-50mb ish.

4. ewarwoowar

Hitman

Buying me just the tablet now :)
    Will be delivered Saturday. Bloody hope there's no released info in about a week about new hardware update :(

5. jimbob1971

Associate

Hmmm, nah. Why would there be an updated hardware version so soon? The hardware specs would have been finalised yonks ago, with the software build on top. Hell, even if there was a change (which there won't be) there would be so many complaints from early adopters that I'm sure ASUS would sort something out.

However, on the other hand if they suddenly announce a TF103 with mega capabilities THEN I'll be very annoyed! :)

Incidentally, why does MyNet find a TF102???

6. Mr Paul

Soldato

The new SKU's are for the 32Gb version as it has more memory on the board and the Canadian language version. Rest of the hardware is the same ;)

7. jr1104

Wise Guy

Does anyone know how I'm meant to use the ASUS MyNet stuff? Maybe I'm being stupid and missing something obvious, but there doesn't seem to be any PC version of it. I've got a DNLA server set up, so I thought I'd be able to just connect to that.

8. jimbob1971

Associate

I tried XBMC on my mac. I managed to send stuff from the Transformer, but not the other way round.

I'm sure there must be plenty of DLNA servers for windows

9. ewarwoowar

Hitman

Decided not to get one.
    Will stand by OcUK faith and buy from them :)

Rather get it with a keyboard instead.

10. Deus_ex

Associate

If your using Windows 7 in Bootcamp, the windows media player has built in DLNA. You might need to enable it or create a Homegroup. Copy and paste this into a folder window without quotes "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\HomeGroup" it will take you right to Homegroup settings. Hope that helps. I will be getting mine tomorrow so I will try it myself. I haven't got a mac though, so I can't help you on that.

11. Mr Paul

Soldato

Your spending a lot of extra cash then ;)

12. Cosimo

Man of Honour

They have dropped the "outrageous" price.

13. AFK_Matrix

Wise Guy

Hit a problem when trying to play mkv files on my tv via hdmi:

I have used UPnPlay to stream my movies to my transformer in either avi or mkv format with no problem. But I have just tried to play a few mkv movies while the transformer is attached to my tv via HDMI and I get really bad stuttering and it even completely crashed my transformer.

So whats the problem, as it seems avi's play with no problems on the tv??

Thanks.

14. Mr Paul

Soldato

Still high ;)

15. Mr Paul

Soldato

Tegra 2 can't play high profile, you'll need to convert using DVD Catalyst 4 Xoom HQ2 profile ;)

16. bastic

Mobster

will tegra2 play with no glitches mkv 720p ? or any other 720p ?

17. AFK_Matrix

Wise Guy

But how comes the mkv files play ok on the tablet but not when connected via HDMI? Rockplayer plays the mkv files perfectly on the tablet but has issues when connected to the tv. I wonder if its something to do with rockplayer or upnplay?

18. ewarwoowar

Hitman

I won't be spending more though?
    Was going to get tablet alone for£389 then i'd have to shell out £90 more for the keyboard when the next batch are released.

Or just pay the good OcUK price.

19. muon

Capodecina

Well tablet alone RRP is £379.

20. Wicksta

PermaBanned

The keyboard is £55 straight from Asus and the standalone tablet is £379. You do the maths. ;)

Plus buying seperately you'll have the whole lot a lot quicker (and the tablet right now). I think Overclockers' expected date is a bit optimistic as well. Good business sense though, say you are shipping 2 weeks before everyone else and then everyone will buy from you, then just say its been delayed to the date everyone else is quoting and people will just think "ahh sod it, it's ordered now".