Well this looks awesome!.. Asus Eee Transformer Tablet

Associate
But how comes the mkv files play ok on the tablet but not when connected via HDMI? Rockplayer plays the mkv files perfectly on the tablet but has issues when connected to the tv. I wonder if its something to do with rockplayer or upnplay?

Well, maybe try and play the files locally from the transformer and see what happens. If they still fail try vital player or vplayer and see if they make a difference.

If that still fails then perhaps the transformer has to do extra processing for the files in the mkv container so is causing stuttering. FWIW I haven't got any non-baseline h.264 files to work, nor are they intended to. In which case, try converting and playing locally and see if that works.

Associate
So this isn't available right now with the keyboard?

Where is the fastest place I can get one with or without kb come Friday?
SpaceRock Oxford had one in stock on Thursday. Not exactly local! :D

I think you'll be lucky to find anywhere with it in stock, alas. Are we allowed to suggest other places, incidentally?

The keyboard isn't available right now but some people like myself have sent ASUS the cash and are awaiting confirmation!

Associate
Anyone found any decent wallpapers, or how to stop it cropping other resolutions. It seems all the ones I try come out too big in landscape mode, in order for them to fit in portrait mode. I don't ever use portrait mode!

Associate
I've just ordered one of these after returning the Motorola Xoom. I really loved Android 3.0 but the screen on the zoom was pants in comparison to an ipad screen, I hear that these tablets have an IPS screen and are much better, also I really like the idea of having the keyboard dock.

Should be here on 3rd may hopefully!! keyboard to come later.!

Associate
I've not taken the new update yet. I've seen one or two reports of bricked devices, so I want to make sure all is A-ok.

I've still not received confirmation from ASUS that they have received my money for the keyboard (or not as the case may be). A little bit annoying as I specifically asked them to tell me if all was fine.

Associate
I just did this, it's on it's way and should be here tomorrow!!

Congrats, but consider holding back on taking the new update. I've seen reports of three guys in the US on another forum bricking theirs after the latest update. Others have reported success but I'm not risking it myself until we know what is causing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom