Wharfedale DX2 to Q Acoustics, any tips? (ATMOS)

Soldato
Hello All,

I've just upgraded my Wharfedale DX2 5.1 (with Cambridge Audio Min22's as ceiling speakers)

to the below (got a great deal on them, only upgraded as the Boss wanted a white theme!)

Q Acoustics:
Centre 3090i
Front2x 3020i
Rear 2x 3010i
Sub: TBC (3060S, maybe BK Electronics P12-300SB-DF)
Kept the - Cambridge Audio 2x Min22's (ceiling speakers)

I have a Denon 2700 AMP, any top tips on setting these up or should I just stick to the auto-audyssey?

Any advice appreciated.

Soldato
OP
Where was the great deal? I need some 3020i's.

Unfortunately (for anyone else) I stumbled across some as new, 2nd hand on Facebook (as luck would have it less than a mile away from me), boxed as new (seriously immaculate) for £150.
I then had a look on the famous second hand website and got two as new, official stands (3000) and 3010i's for £150..ordered a new 3090i and still looking for a SUB...

All immaculate and a fair chunk cheaper than new...although as I was happy with the DX2's I'm glad I found some white speakers on the cheap (relatively).

Soldato
That's a very similar set up to me. I swapped all my speakers around last year after getting some new 3020i's for the front which allowed me to repurpose my old rears as front heights for Atmos. I've got a Denon 3400 running a 3090i, 3020i fronts, 2020i rears, 1010i heights and a BK sub. I tried a few setups but ended up sticking with the auto Audyssey as to my untrained ears it sounded the best!

Soldato
OP
That's a very similar set up to me. I swapped all my speakers around last year after getting some new 3020i's for the front which allowed me to repurpose my old rears as front heights for Atmos. I've got a Denon 3400 running a 3090i, 3020i fronts, 2020i rears, 1010i heights and a BK sub. I tried a few setups but ended up sticking with the auto Audyssey as to my untrained ears it sounded the best!

I'll probably do the same, out of interest which BK sub did you go with, and is it a good match in terms of sound and design?

Cheers

Soldato
I've got the XLS200 which was an upgrade when my old Q Acoustics sub died years ago. I can't fault it at all for build quality or sound, it's a cracking little sub, however it was bought for a smaller room in my old house so if I ever get the upgrade itch or it gives up the ghost, I'd probably get the P12.

Associate
I have a Denon 2700 AMP, any top tips on setting these up or should I just stick to the auto-audyssey?

Any advice appreciated.

Quite a few years back I had a bit of Q acoustic gear and I liked them and was using them with a Marantz slimline amp. I used the auto audyssey but you should be more than fine as I found at the time I think it was the Q3050 they don't have to be exact it helps but it not gonna punish you like other brands *cough cough* B&W.....

Back
Top Bottom