What 1440p 27" monitor for <£300?

Associate
I seem to be going in circles with choosing a monitor. I don't need insane response times, incredible colour reproduction, or amazing viewing angles. I casually game and first person shooters are easily my least played genre. A lot of reviews I am reading say things like "no good for gaming", but is that actually true? Struggling to believe anything I'm reading as it's all relative. I currently have an ASUS VE247h 23.6" which I'm sure isn't at all "good" in the eyes of a reviewer, but I don't have a frame of reference of a better monitor, and I think the panel is fine. I think the issue is what I'm willing to spend is at the lower end, so the reviews won't be glowing.

I don't think I really care if it's TN or IPS as there are pros and cons to both. I just need an all rounder as I game, web browse, and sometimes edit photos with Lightroom on this PC. Freesync would be nice, but not essential. Really do need it to be VESA mountable though. I've got about a 65cm gap for a monitor on my desk between my speakers, so ultrawide isn't going to work.

So far I think the best I have found is (though it is in stock and <£260 elsewhere):
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/iiya...g-widescreen-led-monitor-black-mo-124-iy.html

I also really like the AOC Q2781PQ but again I am lost because reviewers say it's not ideal for games. Which is probably true if compared to more expensive monitors.

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I thought I might as well post about what I ended up buying even though no replies here! That's okay; endless "what shall I buy" threads are not very interesting.

I got an AOC Q2775PQU which is from their pro line, and it's FANTASTIC. I think my suspicion about overly picky reviews with regards to gaming performance were correct. This is a 4ms IPS 60Hz display and I think it's brilliant for a gaming enthusiast, but maybe not so brilliant for a hardcore gamer. Very happy to have got it new for £249.

Back
Top Bottom