1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We recommend you enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account. Please see the thread here
    Dismiss Notice

What 3D glasses for LG 50PH660V?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by Kona*, 15 Dec 2013.

1. andy_mk3

Capodecina

It's the 50PH670V I do believe, really pleased with it.

2. Kona*

Wise Guy

AFAIK, the PH670V is identical to the PH660V - it just comes with WiFi built in and the smart remote included :)

3. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Ah right, interesting to know :) The smart remote is very good. I'm on ethernet so the WiFi doesn't bother me!

4. Kona*

Wise Guy

Likewise, that was one of the reasons I got the 660V instead - it's a shame about the Smart Remote though, the LG Remote App is okay but I may need to invest in the Smart Remote in the future!

5. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Anyone else wall mounted? :D

[​IMG]

6. Kona*

Wise Guy

Oof. That's a heavy TV to be wall mounted - I think it would pull my wall down (I live in a 1920's house built by miners with terrible walls!).

Looks good though :)

7. andy_mk3

Capodecina

It's well sturdy, not going anywhere :D I think there's about 8 big bolts in the wall!

8. Kona*

Wise Guy

Nice! Maybe if/when we move house I'll wall mount it - I wouldn't trust a 32" LED TV on the wall in this house! I'm pushing it by hanging a mirror above the fireplace... :p

I've solved the multi-coloured line issue by the way, with the assistance of both LG and the developers of the software which I have loaded on my satellite box. It turns out that I needed to set the aspect ratio to "Just Scan" and adjust the GUI options of the satellite box to extend over the edges of the screen - what I was seeing was what is called (apparently) "overscan" from the interface of the satellite box.

You learn something new every day eh! :)

9. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Glad you sorted it, I have mine on Just Scan also, was the only way my HTPC would play ball!

Looking forward to trying out the 3D, which reminds me, I must download some 3D content ;)

10. Kanifee

Soldato

[​IMG]
    Wall mounted so cant check the manufacture date.

Glad you found out it was perfectly fine though

11. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Very nice Kanifee :)

12. Kanifee

Soldato

Cheers mate, i need to upgrade my speakers but the missus will take some convincing to get floor standers.

13. andy_mk3

Capodecina

One up side to being young free and single! I just need my own (preferably detached) house now :p

14. Kona*

Wise Guy

Nice setup Kanifee. Wall mounted is the way to go, we just haven't got the space or the structural integrity to do so :p

Ours is on a wooden TV stand in the corner of the room, attached to an LG NB3520A sound bar + sub. It just fits in the alcove with about half a cm either side of the TV to spare - we certainly can't go any bigger with the screen size!

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to trying out the new 3D glasses tomorrow, hopefully they are as good as the Samsungs for performance, just a little more comfortable! I've got Avengers Assemble 3D and Jurassic Park 3D to test them with, I've heard mixed reviews about Jurassic Park, hopefully it's a decent re-master!

15. andy_mk3

Capodecina

I now have:
    Cars 3D
    Monsters University 3D
    Amazing Africa 3D
    Our Universe 3D

Shall see how they look when I get my glasses!