1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What 3D glasses for LG 50PH660V?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by Kona*, 15 Dec 2013.

1. andy_mk3

Capodecina

It's the 50PH670V I do believe, really pleased with it.

2. Kona*

Wise Guy

AFAIK, the PH670V is identical to the PH660V - it just comes with WiFi built in and the smart remote included :)

3. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Ah right, interesting to know :) The smart remote is very good. I'm on ethernet so the WiFi doesn't bother me!

4. Kona*

Wise Guy

Likewise, that was one of the reasons I got the 660V instead - it's a shame about the Smart Remote though, the LG Remote App is okay but I may need to invest in the Smart Remote in the future!

5. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Anyone else wall mounted? :D

[​IMG]

6. Kona*

Wise Guy

Oof. That's a heavy TV to be wall mounted - I think it would pull my wall down (I live in a 1920's house built by miners with terrible walls!).

Looks good though :)

7. andy_mk3

Capodecina

It's well sturdy, not going anywhere :D I think there's about 8 big bolts in the wall!

8. Kona*

Wise Guy

Nice! Maybe if/when we move house I'll wall mount it - I wouldn't trust a 32" LED TV on the wall in this house! I'm pushing it by hanging a mirror above the fireplace... :p

I've solved the multi-coloured line issue by the way, with the assistance of both LG and the developers of the software which I have loaded on my satellite box. It turns out that I needed to set the aspect ratio to "Just Scan" and adjust the GUI options of the satellite box to extend over the edges of the screen - what I was seeing was what is called (apparently) "overscan" from the interface of the satellite box.

You learn something new every day eh! :)

9. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Glad you sorted it, I have mine on Just Scan also, was the only way my HTPC would play ball!

Looking forward to trying out the 3D, which reminds me, I must download some 3D content ;)

10. Kanifee

Soldato

[​IMG]
    Wall mounted so cant check the manufacture date.

Glad you found out it was perfectly fine though

11. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Very nice Kanifee :)

12. Kanifee

Soldato

Cheers mate, i need to upgrade my speakers but the missus will take some convincing to get floor standers.

13. andy_mk3

Capodecina

One up side to being young free and single! I just need my own (preferably detached) house now :p

14. Kona*

Wise Guy

Nice setup Kanifee. Wall mounted is the way to go, we just haven't got the space or the structural integrity to do so :p

Ours is on a wooden TV stand in the corner of the room, attached to an LG NB3520A sound bar + sub. It just fits in the alcove with about half a cm either side of the TV to spare - we certainly can't go any bigger with the screen size!

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to trying out the new 3D glasses tomorrow, hopefully they are as good as the Samsungs for performance, just a little more comfortable! I've got Avengers Assemble 3D and Jurassic Park 3D to test them with, I've heard mixed reviews about Jurassic Park, hopefully it's a decent re-master!

15. andy_mk3

Capodecina

I now have:
    Cars 3D
    Monsters University 3D
    Amazing Africa 3D
    Our Universe 3D

Shall see how they look when I get my glasses!