What 4K, 120hz+, 30”+ options are coming?

Associate
I’ve had a G9 for a month or so and use it alongside a 34” above it but it’s such a faff of a setup to use with my MacBook and PC. Mainly due to the G9 being a PITA!

so I’ve been thinking of switching them both out for a single 4K panel, but would still like to game on it and would need at least need 120hz.

Seems we have a few 40+ screens appearing and the OLED TVs but from what I’ve seen they’re not great for office activities.

Do we have anything upcoming?

Soldato
Some 32" 144Hz models are coming and actually they should have come out early in this year.

There are AU Optronics AdobeRGB gamut panel using Asus PG32UQ and Viewsonic XG320U.
Also Acer XB323QK and that Gigabyte are using some other 90% DCI-P3 gamut panel.

Caporegime
The price of the pg32uq is scary :S looks like i'll have to wait a little for some of these to be released. Seem as if they've been delayed recently.
Heh, the PG32UQX is set to retail for $3000. Three thousand dollars.

Just lol. LOL, Asus, LOL.

2-3x the price of an an LG OLED TV which is superior in every conceivable way.

Have some more LOL.

Man of Honour
There is the Philips 558M1RY - but it is a bit hit and miss (lack of HDMI 2.1 support despite 120Hz being one), very good at some things but so-so at others, and not ideal for sitting close to like a PC monitor.

Associate
OP
55” will be way to big, my desk is only 170x70 so I’ll be far to close to use it.

I also think hdmi 2.1 will be a must as most of these only seem to come with a single DP input.

I wanted to jump on the LG OLEDs but think even the 48 would be too much for doing my dev work on.

Ive actually been toying with getting 3x27 and using them in portrait mode while working then pulling middle one out for gaming.

But I know that’ll be a faff to share between my MacBook and PC

Soldato
I've been compiling a list myself over the past few months. From what I can see, they're all 144Hz IPS panels with HDMI 2.1;

Acer XB323K
AOC AG324UX
AORUS FI32U
Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ
Gigabyte M32U
MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD
Philips 329M1RV/329M1RVE
ViewSonic XG320U

Associate
OP
Why? I don’t use HDR at all so not fussed about that rating.

it has USB-C with power of 60w and DP-Alt mode so my MacBook will be happy and HDMI 2.1 for the Xbox.

I would prefer a VA panel as I’ve always liked them over IPS for gaming but if the quality is decent and not too much IPS glow I can’t see it being that bad.

Associate
You can also add the LG UltraFine OLED Pro to the list too but at around 3k this is still way too expensive.

Like most people I think 48" is just too big for a monitor so I`m patiently waiting for a decent 32" model to be released. I was hoping that the Viewsonic would have been out by now but It`s been put back to Q3.

Associate
You can also add the LG UltraFine OLED Pro to the list too but at around 3k this is still way too expensive...
Only 60Hz too. It's really disappointing how most monitors are still stuck with low refresh rates. I also don't like how marketing for those monitors that do support higher refresh rates imply that it's a feature for gamers specifically, when it's actually something that beneits everyone.

Associate
Only 60Hz too. It's really disappointing how most monitors are still stuck with low refresh rates. I also don't like how marketing for those monitors that do support higher refresh rates imply that it's a feature for gamers specifically, when it's actually something that beneits everyone.

Yes, unfortunately there are too many that have low refresh rates, thats why I liked the specs of the Viewsonic, 4k, 120Hz and HDR600.

https://euro.evedevices.com/pages/spectrum/

This looks interesting, seems they're taking orders now too.

Not somewhere I would be putting my money, they`re new and I think it has been like a crowd funding project, the monitors might be good but I`d be concerned about customer support and how they deal with faulty monitors.

Back
Top Bottom