1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What 4K, 120hz+, 30”+ options are coming?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Phunky, 31 Jul 2021.

1. lugerfield

Gangster

Don't let you trick ;). The Gigabytes vrr is ununseable below 100 hz. The reason for this is the slow panel. They had to increase the voltage for achieving 144 refreshes per second. This voltage is too strong for vrr @ <100 hz. It will produce below this frequency distracting corona effect.

To avoid it you need variable overdrive, which only g-sync module monitor is offering. It's using many different overdrive settings for different frequencies ;).

2. Gavster

Gangster

3. SE-Lain

Gangster

Just got my M32U. It's an excellent monitor and I couldn't be happier with it. Looks great and Gsync both under and over 100hz is absolutely perfect. So I'm not sure what the guy above is talking about. Sounds like he has an agenda and is overly aggressive, so I would take his opinion with a grain of salt. Check out the rtings review, they know what they're talking about.

4. EsaT

Capodecina

Too bad that panel is likely same meh response time one like in Asus PG32UQ/MSI MPG321UR-QD.
    And hence would need 100% spot on overdrive tuning to do at least approaching modern response times.
    (Asus might have even cancelled actual world wide availability of PG32UQ/put it on hold)

Unfortunately these AU Optronics 32" 4K panels seem to be last gen of last gen tech in response times compared to their 27" 2560x1440 panels.
    (including FALD panel in insanely priced Asus PG32UQX)

Hopefully at least 512 zone FALD panels which should be going into production now are updated tech.

5. Gavster

Gangster

Yeah, it`s not looking promising, I don`t think any of the 32" 4K monitors have sparkling reviews and don`t seem to be as good as the 27" models.

6. Sean473

Gangster

The M32U is a good one though... I'd say give it a while as 32" 4k monitors have only been a thing relatively recently compared to the 27" ones..

7. Captain

Capodecina

The Gigabyte M32U is brilliant for the money, I’ve had mine for a week now and it’s awesome, worth the £750 I paid, I’d have been happy paying £1000 for it.

8. DrCheese

Associate

It's weird as you wouldn't think the technology is all that different for a few inches bigger

9. EsaT

Capodecina

If coming from sRGB monitor/not bothered by only semi wide gamut, or half assed HDMI 2.1, that's definitely the best balanced 32" model with better tuned overdrive compared to FI32U.

But for someone who's used AdobeRGB gamut monitor for over dozen years, it's lackluster and not deserving any wide gamut marketing hype...

10. Gavster

Gangster

you wouldn`t think it would be too much of a problem but it seems that there isn`t anything on the horizon at the moment with decent HDR and refresh rates without overshoot issues.
    I think I might just bite the bullet and go for a 27" monitor as there seems to be a better choice, albeit some are still using last gen panels.
    I just wish I could use 48" for a monitor then I would just buy a LG OLED TV but it`s just way too big.