What 'adult' things can you not do but maybe should be able to?

Man of Honour
Can’t swim, never learnt. Can’t do up a bow tie. Haven’t got a clue how to use a washing machine.

I too can’t swim, I can get across the width of a pool, the kind in a back yard in Florida, with a great deal of splashing and thrashing, kind of coasting the last couple of metres, feet desperately seeking the bottom.
Bow tie? Never tried, only wear a regular neck tie at funerals, but I’m an absolute whiz with a washing machine, and a tumble dryer, I even have references from my wife.
Ironing? Fuhgetaboutit!

Soldato
Understanding finances and investments and things - don't get it.
Tie shoelaces - late in life someone pointed out that the way I do it, it mind bending and no one else in the world does it the way I do it (which I just assumed is normal)

Soldato
You fellas who can't swim and don't know how to use a washing machine are dicing with death. I hope you keep a buoyancy aid in the utility room. :p

I remember being on a stag do in Malta, about 2AM on our way back to the hotel... we discovered an ice cream parlor that was, for some reason still open. Ferrero rocher gelato is highly recommended, although not after 12 pints.

Hah! That sounds lovely but yea, perhaps not on a belly full of beer.

Soldato
Grow a beard...it's generally patchy and uneven and if at any point I keep it neat for 6-8 weeks, the itching drives me mad and it gets shaved off in a fit of rage...i'm 41.

Caporegime
I can't believe how many people can't drive or swim!
Also the washing machine. Put clothes in, put liquid in, push go

I hate cooking, I can do it, because there are books lo . But I absolutely hate the thought of spending hours making something that takes 5 mins to eat

I can't deal with kids. I cannot cope with even holding a baby. Probably biggest inability as an adult

Soldato
Fold a shirt so when it goes into a suitcase it doesn't come out super crumpled. What's the secret? It's not rolling it, as that creates even more creases. How on earth do the shop workers fold them so well?

Soldato
Fold a shirt so when it goes into a suitcase it doesn't come out super crumpled. What's the secret? It's not rolling it, as that creates even more creases. How on earth do the shop workers fold them so well?

I don't think this is possible. I've tried a few different things, some with more success than others. I think the secret is using an iron when you get to your destination, or leaving it in a bathroom with the shower cranked up.

Back
Top Bottom