• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What Alphacool waterblock for stock gtx 780 Help Please!

Associate
I have two Nvidia gtx 780, one is gforce the other is Gigabyte. Both boards seem identical and I assume are stock.
I assumed there is a choice of one block, but I have the wrong ones and can now see three blocks all a bit different.
I have Alphacool NexXxoS GPX-N 780 M02, the problem is the location of capacitors, mine are all in a row, but the instructions show a different arraingment, so I can't fit the blocks.

Looking on Alphacool's web site there is a M01 and a M03 each a bit different.

Can anyone point me at the blocks I need? I'm real confused now;-(

Chris

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

What are the actual model numbers of your cards? The Alphacool blocks fit the following cards:-

GTX 780 M01 - Doesn't actually say what it fits
GTX 780 M02 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 WindForce 3X OC Rev. 2.0, 3GB GDDR5 (GV-N780OC-3GD)
GTX 780 M03 - ASUS ROG MATRIX-GTX780TI-P-3GD5 Platinum, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, 3GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (90YV05G0-M0NA00)

There is a configurator here where you can input your cards and it will tell you which blocks fit. Just be aware that the actual water block only cools the gpu core. The memory and vrm's are cooled by a whopping great heatsink so still mey need a fan to assist with cooling.

Associate
OP
Bit of a mistake above the first card I got was ASUS the second identical card is Gigabyte.
With ASUS the configurator shows a choice of 1 cooler for 780, the pictire of the original card looks right but I cannot see the board layout
There is a choice of 4 cards for gigabyte (it says Gigabyte on the card), none look like the Asus card (only difference one has Gigabyte on it the other does not) And all have the capacitors in the arraingment that mine are not in.

Does that really mean there is no sexy black block for mine, will I be safe getting the one block thats for Asus?

Associate
OP
Of course, the one possible block not just looks bad, but is unavailable anyway

Looking at my problem: The fixing holes are not all in the right places. The ones for the core are. Enougth others seem in the right places to hold it together, and you say only the core is water cooled............. er, um, maybe I could grind away the bit of metal that is preventing the card fitting the block. As long as water don't go there, and looking suggests water does not go there..... I think I invest in a Dremil, or go looking for a milling machine.

Associate
OP
Dremil failed there are too many componants offset just enougth to stop the block fitting. Even the led socket is a couple of mm offset to mine.

So I have no idea at all what block is for a 'standard' reference' 780

Associate
OP
I search and search their site but do not know which is right block, could you give me a clue which one? I am certain mine are reference cards

Back
Top Bottom