1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What annoys you about your current car?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Martynt74, 18 Oct 2021.

1. Conscript

Capodecina

Long shot, but have you checked the wiper arms? It's possible that if they've been twisted slightly, so the blade might not be held exactly perpendicular to the screen, which can cause them to squeak.

2. tom_nieto

Capodecina

The fact that it’s a ticking time bomb and will explode into a million pieces at some point (if you believe the internet). Other than that I quite like it.

The Sportage on the other hand… the main one is that it’s big on the outside, small on the inside. Also once you’re moving the pedal on the right only intensifies the diesel rattle rather than increases velocity.

3. Brok

Wise Guy

Well chuff me, I had assumed since it didn’t return a street name the magnifying glass icon indicated the search i had done and the others were the subsequent results. It had never crossed my mind to press the postcode result!

I assume the other results are points of interest or something?

Im going to blame bad UI design rather than admitting fault here

4. Malevolence

Capodecina

The fact that I don't have one anymore. It's a ******* nightmare.

5. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

Dacia Duster. The satnav/media display is set too low in the centre console. I actually have to move my head slightly to see the screen and it’s almost unreadable if the sun is hitting it from any angle. And forget reading it if you’re wearing polarised sunglasses.

Everything else is rather utilitarian, but it all works well enough for the money.

6. SoundsGood

Wise Guy

Same complaints on my car. I ended up disabling the boot sensor but haven't found a way to disable stop start yet.

7. bazzabear

Mobster

Yeah, I've heard that too. They look like they're at a right angle to me, but I'm by no means 100% sure. That was one of the intentions with replacing the whole mechanism though. Because it's a shared part with a normal C-class, they're pretty common at scrappies, so you can get the whole lot for about £30.

8. mrk

Man of Honour

Squeaky seals where side windows meets the softtop roof lining! When it's wet out they rub and squeak which is a bit annoying. Solved only by keeping the rpm above 3000 so induction noise drowns it out :p

9. mjt

Capodecina

BMW i3: Range. Under 70 miles gets annoying when the other half has the internal combustion engine and you need to go further than 70 miles...

10. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Silicon spray those bad boys.

11. shadow_boxer

Sgarrista

W204 C63. Aside from the fact is drinks vpower for fun, the rattles and creaks from the centre console.

12. mrk

Man of Honour

I had not thought of this all this time!

13. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

C30 T5

Drinks fuel not proportional to its performance. Certain road services causes a rattle in the centre console, lucky it’s not often and not the roads on my commute.

14. cheesyboy

Capodecina

It was recommended to me by a soft top owning friend when I got mine :D

15. AWPC

Capodecina

High fuel consumption & soft paintwork means it costs an absolute fortune to maintain & run!

16. Bear

Capodecina

W213 E63S, they are not really annoying things but there is not enough of a difference in suspension suppleness between comfort and sport+ considering it is an E class and its supposed to be a luxury car and there is too much tyre roar when travelling at speed which is slightly intrusive. Both things I forgive it for as its hilariously outrageous

17. Rroff

Man of Honour

I think the most annoying thing about my current vehicle is that despite being an ageing platform, despite the drawbacks and that it has cost me a lot of money and I only use it probably less than 20% of the time for what it is actually intended for I'd still buy one all over again tomorrow.

18. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

Seat Leon. Touchscreen.

19. dLockers

Sgarrista

:cry: Made me chuckle. The two different ways of solving automotive problems.

20. mrk

Man of Honour

I have been told that the best course of action is to use the spray version of Gummi-pflege as it's designed for exactly these areas. I've already got the standard pflege in the sponge applicator bottle that I use on door sill seals, boot seals etc but didn't know they did a spray bottle version too so this will seep into the crevice the window edge slots into :cool: