What are some of the most unique eye catching things you have seen in a house viewing?

Man of Honour
Thank the lord you put the value in there again, I almost missed it in the other 8 threads you posted it in!

I went to view a house with my mum donkeys years ago, owned by a middle aged woman that was clearly a bit bonkers. We were looking at the bedroom and the side table had a dil on there :D

I'm not even sure it counts as something weird either :confused:

Soldato
I'm not even sure it counts as something weird either :confused:
I think the bit I found weird was him asking whether we got to view it anyway :D

If you want to I can think of other weird scenarios like the stellar examples in this thread - including poo stains in a toilet (well dur), dildos in the bedroom (where'd you prefer to keep it?) or an ensuite as the master :cry:

Man of Honour
I think the bit I found weird was him asking whether we got to view it anyway :D

If you want to I can think of other weird scenarios like the stellar examples in this thread - including poo stains in a toilet (well dur), dildos in the bedroom (where'd you prefer to keep it?) or an ensuite as the master :cry:

Why not. As it happens I did find something weird in my current house while renovating the nasty old downstairs bathroom. The vanity that held the sink up was literally filled from floor to sink with chicken bones which meant somebody would sit on the throne eating chicken and rather than throw the bones away would stack them up behind the sink. There was probably 100 chicken bones behind there??

I haz 4090!
Don

Uhhhm, I guess because if you know someone is coming round to view your house that’s for sale, you’d make a bit of effort to make it presentable and not have sex toys out on show or **** stains in the bog? Could just be me.

*edited, maybe I was a bit OTT* :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Uhhhm, I guess because if you know someone is coming round to view your house that’s for sale, you’d make a bit of effort to make it presentable and not have sex toys out on show or **** stains in the bog? Could just be me.
Wow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Why not. As it happens I did find something weird in my current house while renovating the nasty old downstairs bathroom. The vanity that held the sink up was literally filled from floor to sink with chicken bones which meant somebody would sit on the throne eating chicken and rather than throw the bones away would stack them up behind the sink. There was probably 100 chicken bones behind there??

Sounds more like rodents to me.

Soldato
just remember everything been wrong with our viewing of this house ,4 young lads renting next door and weirdly a pet ferret in the front garden and empty beer cans ,garden a big wilderness ,2 outbuildings doors jammed shut ,the 2 houses next door were just rubble, just demolished
So having been told my purchase for peanuts was just luck in many threads ,i call it foresight and imagination ,some basic detective work found out the lads were being evicted and replacement dwellings would replace the rubble so just put in a silly 100k ish cash offer (proceeds of the last 44k house in yorkshire paid off in 9 years ) ,it worked

Man of Honour
What would be unique and eye catching would be a house which was well designed, constructed by people who actually cared about what they were doing with good use of and high quality materials throughout, which stood the test of time. The 1885 terrace I spent part of my childhood in would have qualified for that except for the damp issues - it was solidly made with no subsidence, proper lintels, etc. no cheap chipboard, etc. and at least for the time it was built in well designed in terms of piping, etc.

So many houses the walls are sagging or cracking, floors are becoming uneven and creaking with incorrectly used screws or nails to fasten the boards down and/or incorrect materials used for the flooring, doors and windows don't have proper lintels causing issues, etc. etc.

Caporegime
I've looked at quite a few houses during house hunting periods, nothing really sticks in my mind apart from one bungalow that had hundreds, possibly thousands of dead flies on the upper floor, they were everywhere :/

.... the house was vacant, but the estate agent would surely have seen them..... fair to say I didn't buy that house.

Soldato
We went to view a house about 12 years ago. Was very memorable as the young couple had a stripper pole in the living room. Not a cheap temporary one either, properly installed with it's own little dedicated flooring around it too.

That wasn't the oddest thing though, the sofas in the room were organised to face towards it, rather than the TV in the corner!

Another one was the only house I've viewed with a proper basement. The entrance to it was through a kitchen cupboard, you know an under counter cupboard. Apparently the owner had discovered it when changing the kitchen despite living in the house for 10 years. He'd already planned out the kitchen when they found it so couldn't change the design. Previous owner may not have known about it at all. It was empty and the estate agent thought it may have been used as an air raid shelter or something for the family during WWII.

Back
Top Bottom