What are these things in the corners of my house

Permabanned
Unsheath the cable and see if it's six core, if it is and the boxes all go back to a common point where the hard wired alarm box will be situated it will save a lot of disruption and mess. You can't beat a proper hard wired alarm system, despite what the sellers of the RF ones may tell you. But any alarm is of course only as good as the installer, especially car alarms, where I daily see the abortions so called professional car alarm fitters charge their unwitting customers good money for. This is a Toyota Supra twin turbo in for a heater matrix replacement, 75% of this mess was the attempts of two alarm fitters to fit a "state of the art" alarm and a fancy radio. And yes it did run again, I binned nearly 5 pounds in weight of junk wiring after tidying it all up... It's jobs like that that send me to my infamous and none existent pub regularly ;)

wiring.jpg

Soldato
OP
Unsheath the cable and see if it's six core, if it is and the boxes all go back to a common point where the hard wired alarm box will be situated it will save a lot of disruption and mess. You can't beat a proper hard wired alarm system, despite what the sellers of the RF ones may tell you. But any alarm is of course only as good as the installer, especially car alarms, where I daily see the abortions so called professional car alarm fitters charge their unwitting customers good money for. This is a Toyota Supra twin turbo in for a heater matrix replacement, 75% of this mess was the attempts of two alarm fitters to fit a "state of the art" alarm and a fancy radio. And yes it did run again, I binned nearly 5 pounds in weight of junk wiring after tidying it all up... It's jobs like that that send me to my infamous and none existent pub regularly ;)

wiring.jpg
Cheers, I'll have a look.

People really love those Supra's.

Caporegime
It's an Amazon Alexa in about 5 years time "Now with next generation gesture control thanks to our state of the art camera" because people will still be stupid enough to buy and install them in their homes.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
FYI I physically went to OP's house and removed the item. How else would I have taken the photo?

Duh obvs!

OP, you're welcome :cool:

Back
Top Bottom