what bios sytam do you find easiest to use

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

It's not that simple because you will find the same bios vendors, Award, AMI etc across both platforms. On top of that different manufacturers use different vendors for their bios. It's not so simple as saying AMD use Award bios and Intel uses AMI bios as it's all mixed up. What I have found is that Asus boards have the best bios by miles. By best I mean logical layout and easy to use. My current board is a Gigabyte Z390 and sadly Gigabytes bios is abysmal and the worst I have come across.

If you are building a new pc my advice would be to forget Intel and it's overpriced offerings that have more security holes in them than a sieve and go with AMD's Ryzen 3000 series with a good B450 board (make sure it is a Max board or has USB Bios Flashback) or X570 board along with 16Gb of 3200-3600mhz DDR4. With AMD you will get much more for your money plus they are not riddled with security vulnerabilities.

Associate
Man of Honour
No bios flashback on the Asus Strix so you wouldn't be able to flash to a newer bios so it could take a Ryzen 3000 series cpu. The B450 Tomahawk Max posted above would be a better choice. The "Max" on the end means that it will take a 3000 series cpu straight out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom