What car for £1k a month?

Associate
Hey everyone,

So to expand on the title, I am currently in the market for a third car, I already have a japanese daily, and a Z4 35is @ 420bhp for the weekends.

I am looking for a third car to add in to the rotation. This is a car that I will likely change every 6 to 12 months to try something new, I would like it to be leaning to the exotic side if possible, preferably something from a main dealer with warranty.

Budget: £1000 a month or less, Deposit: £5K, but can go up for the right car.
Seats: 2 Seats
MPG: Anything is fine
Power: Above 400bhp
Value: Preferably something that will not lose value like a stone, but is also sellable / relatively in demand.

I do really like the V12 Vantage, I can see ones from a main dealer, IE a 2017 with only 5k miles for £995 per month with £10k deposit on a PCP @ 4%. The thing that concerns me is, moving it on after I get bored, from watching the vantage market for a while it appears slow to shift cars.

All input appreciated!

Thanks

olv

olv

Soldato
Don't buy a ~£90k vantage on PCP at a grand a month if you get bored easily.

Why don't you sell the Z4 for something good?

Associate
OP
It has mediocre handling at best and isn't exactly stunning in the looks department. Vs what your budget will allow I can't see what it offers you.

I personally like a lot about the car haha, I have had 3 of them and kept coming back so yeah.
Things I like:
The N54 engine, classic inline 6 configuration with twin turbos
The huge modding community / aftermarket support
The fact it is convertible and a hard top coupe
The great exhaust note
The seating positon over the rear axle
The relatively cheap running costs for the performance

Edit: Also worth noting I prefer "GT" cars, to out right "Sports" cars

OcUK Staff
Maybe get something with good residuals that feels truly special to drive at weekends.

Ferrari F430, even better try to get into an F430 Scud, maybe a bottom of market low spec 458.
Avoid Mclaren, still dropping very fast, though 720S can be had at 150k now, still expect them to fall more.
Lamborghini maybe an option but the budget won't allow for anything newer.
Porsche Cayman GT4 or a GT3

Or half the monthly and get something more modern less special like a Supra, GTR, Alpine, M2 Comp etc.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So you have a daily and a weekend car... where exactly does this car fit into this? £1,000 a month is a lot for the occasional jaunt. Also anything on PCP will likely cost you a lot in the short term.

Soldato
Worst "I have massive disposable income" thread

In all seriousness though, a Porsche GT product is probably too "sports car" for you. A brand new Vantage can be had for £800/month with £0 deposit if you know someone that works for AML (8K miles pa)

An older Ferrari V12 GT product? 612? 599? Might be do-able on the drip for £1K but you'll need a bigger deposit.

Caporegime
So you have a daily and a weekend car... where exactly does this car fit into this? £1,000 a month is a lot for the occasional jaunt. Also anything on PCP will likely cost you a lot in the short term.

it's what i thought. which is why i suggested he upgrade his z4 to one of the newer offerings from bmw / toyota. then upgrade his daily to a tesla which gives him comfort with lambo beating performance. green too so will be handy when city centres start clamping down if not already. there is no real need for a third car IMO. especially one which is going to cost him £1K a month he could be spending on holidays abroad.

Soldato
A brand new Vantage can be had for £800/month with £0 deposit if you know someone that works for AML (8K miles pa)
Errrrrm hello? How does one obtain such a deal. Sign me up.
Yes mate it was a really good caar, I had the 35is and it was actually one of the best cars I've owned :)
The 35is is indeed hard to replace, but if I had that much cash to spare I think I'd get rid of it and have a monster weekend car.

Associate
There are groups you can join for X amount a month that allow you to chop and change/try different cars within the group - perhaps another option to add into the mix?

Soldato
A GT car is quite a specific thing. Many have "GT" in the name but aren't really GTs, which is supposed to be sporty AND comfortable for long trips.

Soldato
I have to say my initial thought was to can the Z4. I’m sure it’s great, but then you start talking about V12 vantages and you’re in a different world. Surely the Z4 weekend car would never get driven if the other option is a more exotic weekend car?

Associate
I wouldn't go for Aston Martin. Seems to be the FIAT of expensive brands when comes down to problems.
The best investment, or at least less depreciation would be an electric car.
i8, Tesla...
Or a totally different car,like a Mustang V8. Too bad the Hellcat isn't available here.

Soldato
There are places which sell Hellcats in the UK.

But...huge car and wrong hand drive on our narrow roads won't be nice.

Back
Top Bottom