what car stereo?

Associate
mate of mine is after a new car stereo, he wants a front usb port to plug in his ipod, and a max budget of £150.

Sorry to be so skimpy on the spec, but he and myself really know next to nothing about what the best brands are, what to look out for, what to avoid, etc etc

any pointers or advice would be much appreciated.

Associate
mate of mine is after a new car stereo, he wants a front usb port to plug in his ipod, and a max budget of £150.

Sorry to be so skimpy on the spec, but he and myself really know next to nothing about what the best brands are, what to look out for, what to avoid, etc etc

any pointers or advice would be much appreciated.

I don't know wether or not you have a weekend car boot sale where you live, But around glasgow theirs various car boot sale markets going on in on the weekend mornings.

I bought one from on of them for £40 with USB, Cd, MP3, Remote believe it or not, He even offered to fix it or fit it in if i had any problems with it.

So try them, You may find it's not pioneer or anything, But just as good. Otherwise, I hear halfords have half price stuff at the moment. So give them a whack.

Oh yea, Just make sure it's an ISO fitting (most are anyways).

Associate
OP
many thanks for all the help, we've a good idea what to get now and where to find some good deals :) will let you know what he chooses and how he rates it once it's installed.

Man of Honour
Kate has a Pioneer with USB port (the USB port is a lead rather than plug it in anywhere... we hid the port in a redundant switch in the centre console)

Really nice head unit.

Soldato
The last one I bought was a Pioneer DEH77MP from Caraudiodirect. It is a quality head unit that sounds great. Dont think they make them now but you could snatch one off ebay.
If you want something "bling" they arent for you ;)

Back
Top Bottom